Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free Post 302456803 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 26th of September 2010 04:10:38 AM
Old 09-26-2010
what can we do to help you? your root filesystem runs out of space... delete not needed files and clear old logs...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c for free

is there any web site where i can learn c for free? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sodiuM4F
2 Replies

2. AIX

Free Memory

Hi, how to find free memory in aix? for installing oracle,I have used svmon but not getting proper output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

3. Solaris

how to get the more memory free space (see memory free column)

Hi all, Could please let me know how to get the more memory free space (not added the RAM) in local zone. -bash-3.00# vmstat 2 5 kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b w swap free re mf pi po fr de sr s0 s1 s1 s1 in sy cs us sy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murthy76
3 Replies

4. Programming

Memory free() in C

Hi guys. I've a question, if we are using a syscall that receives a string allocated dynamicaly to a determined size, or NUL and it will allocate the apropriate size. We should free the memory or the OS will do it for us? If a function returns a pointer we should free that poiter when we are done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharaoh
7 Replies

5. Fedora

Good free OS

I dont know much about the available unix/linux OSs and there are so many that it is hard to research very many. I know this is a loaded question with so many devotees to particular OSs but I just need a good (free) OS that would work well for someone who learned some basic scripting in Mac OS X.... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ifthanwhile
18 Replies

6. Solaris

How the free memory threshold?

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking for an explanation of Solaris memory manager. You'd better ask Oracle that question because you are talking about Solaris kernel internals. The operating system kernel has no reason to kick a process's memory set out of real memory until... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hicksd8
4 Replies
QUOTACHECK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     QUOTACHECK(8)

NAME
quotacheck -- filesystem quota consistency checker SYNOPSIS
quotacheck [-g] [-u] [-v] filesystem ... quotacheck [-g] [-u] [-v] -a DESCRIPTION
Quotacheck examines each filesystem, builds a table of current disk usage, and compares this table against that recorded in the disk quota file for the filesystem. If any inconsistencies are detected, both the quota file and the current system copy of the incorrect quotas are updated (the latter only occurs if an active filesystem is checked). By default both user and group quotas are checked. Available options: -a If the -a flag is supplied in place of any filesystem names, quotacheck will check all the read-write filesystems with an existing mount option file at its root. The mount option file specifies the types of quotas that are to be checked. -g Only group quotas are checked. The mount option file, .quota.ops.group, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -u Only user quotas are checked. The mount option file, .quota.ops.user, must exist at the root of the filesystem. -v quotacheck reports discrepancies between the calculated and recorded disk quotas. Specifying both -g and -u is equivalent to the default. Parallel passes are run on the filesystems required, in an identical fashion to fsck(8). Normally quotacheck operates silently. Quotacheck expects each filesystem being checked to have quota data files named .quota.user and/or .quota.group located at the filesystem root. If a binary data file is not present, quotacheck will create it. The default filename and root location cannot be overridden. Quotacheck is normally run at fsck time. Quotacheck accesses the raw device in calculating the actual disk usage for each user. Thus, the filesystems checked should be quiescent while quotacheck is running. FILES
Each of the following quota files is located at the root of the mounted filesystem. The mount option files are empty files whose existence indicates that quotas are to be enabled for that filesystem. The binary data files will be created by quotacheck, if they don't already exist. .quota.user data file containing user quotas .quota.group data file containing group quotas .quota.ops.user mount option file used to enable user quotas .quota.ops.group mount option file used to enable group quotas SEE ALSO
quota(1), quotactl(2), edquota(8), fsck(8), quotaon(8), repquota(8) HISTORY
The quotacheck command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution October 17, 2002 4.2 Berkeley Distribution