Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: EOF problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting EOF problem Post 302456695 by aishsimplesweet on Saturday 25th of September 2010 08:29:15 AM
Old 09-25-2010
EOF problem

hi
i am trying to connect to database by two method one is

Code:
sqlplus fss_blf/fss_blf@schema1
>select * from schema1_ta_example
exit

above method succesfffuly connect it to dabase
but the problem comes when i try to enter this code into mine shell script by using EOF character it is giving following problem

Code:
sqlplus fss_blf/fss_blf@schema1 << EOF
>select * from schema1_ta_example
EOF

now it is giving the error schema_ta_example does not exist , why because from the above first method it connect successfully and display the content of table why it is giving the error if i put EOF

pls help me regarding this

---------- Post updated at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:03 AM ----------

hi
can anyone pls help me regarding this i have googled it too but did not find any good solution

y it is giving the error if i put the EOF

Last edited by pludi; 09-25-2010 at 09:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF use

Hi, I'd like to access a windows directory from aix with samba client. To allow direct access (not interactive), i'm using EOF like: smbclient \\\\winserver\\windir 'passwd' -U usersmb << EOF cd subwindir put myfile EOF The access is correct but does somebody know how to trap errors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo_aze
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help with EOF

Hello, you are an awesome crowd! You answered my last questions, thank you sooo much! I am trying to write a korn shell script that will record the memory my application is using (HP-UX B.11.11) and I have this: if (( $APP > $THRESHOLD )) then echo "Warning message will display" cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satraver
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

\n after EOF

Hello all, I have unix file that ends with the following EOF '9999999999' I want to remove the '\n' character after EOF. What is the command that should be included in the script, before sending the file? will this work: $ echo "<99999999999>\c" >> <filename> thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priya12
3 Replies

4. AIX

problem with expect eof

hi guys i have such simple script, which i'm executing on AIX 5.3 #!/usr/local/bin/expect spawn passwd exptest set password 123 expect "*password:*" send "$password\r" expect "*password again:*" send "$password\r" expect eof the output is following: spawn passwd exptest sh:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoom
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is << EOF

I'm trying to connect to oracle with the following code in the script: checksqlerror{ if echo $1 exit fi } $SQLPLUS username/password@schemaname checksqlerror "failed to connect to oracle" If I'm passing wrong schema name,instead of executing checksqlerror it stops and expects user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BhawanaAggarwal
2 Replies

6. Programming

Eof

How can I write EOF into a file? I tryed to do as follows: size=sizeof(EOF); end_of_file=EOF; write(fdMutexRichieste, &end_of_file, size); But it does non work correctly, becouse in the next cicle (using lseek(..., SEEK_END) of my code it seems to ignore my EOF and use the LAST... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF creating problem

In shell file, i am writing following statement: cat > File1.sh <<EOF set feedback off set serveroutput on cat > File2.sh <<EOF contents of second file EOF Contents of First file EOF Actually, i want these bolded statements in File1.sh as it. But after first EOF, contents are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmunir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Until eof do????

Hey! Can I write a routine that allows me to in a txt file check line by line until the end of file? something like until do ---some code--- done maybe it is a stupid question but I never learned shell scripts and I need this :p thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

confused with << EOF EOF

Hi friends , I am confused with << EOF EOF Most of the cases I found sqlplus $db_conn_str << EOF some sql staments EOF another exapmle is #!/bin/sh echo -n 'what is the value? ' read value sed 's/XXX/'$value'/' <<EOF The value is XXX EOF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imipsita.rath
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

EOF problem with Cron Job?

Hey guys... first post here... I have set up the following cron to create daily backups for me and rotate them weekly: date=`date +%d`; tar -zcvf /home/mysite/backups/backup_dev_$date.tgz /home/mysite/public_html/dev/app --exclude=/home/mysite/public_html/dev/app/tmp However, I keep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy Serb
4 Replies
PAGESIZES(5)							File Formats Manual						      PAGESIZES(5)

NAME
pagesizes - HylaFAX page size definitions DESCRIPTION
The pagesizes database defines the page dimensions and guaranteed reproducible areas (GRA) for well-known page sizes. The GRA is the por- tion of the page that is guaranteed to be imaged during facsimile transmission. This region is typically less than the full page dimen- sions because of paper roller contacts and other mechanical aspects of the printing process in a facsimile machine. All HylaFAX programs that require page size information read the information from this database using a page size name. Documents should be prepared such that the full page dimensions are employed with the imaged area contained within the GRA. The system-wide default page size to use in preparing documents for transmission is given by the ``default'' entry in the database. (NB: the default entry should be placed last so that inverse matches find the real page size name and not the default entry.) The page size database is an ASCII file with the following format. Each entry consists of whitespace-separated fields: name abbrev width height gra-width gra-height top-margin left-margin Fields have the following interpretation: name the full name for the page size; e.g. ISO A4; abbrev an abbreviated version of the full name for use in compact listings such as the receive queue listing printed by faxstat(1); width the full width of the page; height the full height of the page; gra-width the width of the GRA; gra-height the height of the GRA; top-margin the margin between the top of the full page and the top of the GRA; left-margin the margin between the left side of the full page the left side of the GRA. The first two fields must be separated from the subsequent fields by a tab character (possibly followed by more whitespace); this is done to easily permit blank characters to be included in names. Otherwise fields can be separated by any amount of any kind of whitespace. Numbers are all base 10 and in basic measurement units (BMU); defined as 1/1200 x 25.4 millimeters for paper output with a scale factor of one. All fields must be present on a single line; otherwise the entry is ignored. Comments are introduced by the ``#'' character and con- tinue to the end the line. Page size database lookups are either by name or by page dimensions. Lookups by name are done by sequentially scanning the entries in the database for the first entry that has a matching abbreviation or substring of the page size name field. The string comparisons ignore case so, for example, ``a4'' would match a full name of ``ISO A4''. Lookups by dimension scan the entire database and return the page with the closest dimensions using a straightforward distance metric. If the difference in dimensions of the closest match is greater than 1/2 inch on each side, then no page entry is returned for a lookup by dimension. SEE ALSO
hylafax-client(1), faxmail(1), faxstat(1), sendfax(1), sgi2fax(1), textfmt(1). December 5, 1994 PAGESIZES(5)