Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gdb not found
Top Forums Programming gdb not found Post 302456589 by Corona688 on Friday 24th of September 2010 04:27:08 PM
Old 09-24-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind@work
@Corona688:

I tried to run gdb both on my machine and on the robot.
What function would running it on your local machine serve? They're probably not even the same architecture.
Quote:
ON my machine it is giving me the problem, I just talked about
"file not found" can sometimes, and bafflingly, mean "incorrect architecture". You can't run or debug ARM executables on an x86 machine.
Quote:
so am prob. thinking of installing gdb on my robot, if there is any way, but not sure if it will work at all.
This is what you have to do. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, the robot you're using is a linux machine at core. You might end up needing to build it yourself in your ARM cross-compiler.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GDB or DBX??

Which is better?? I have always been a gdb fan.. But ppl say dbx is beter better for debugging the core.. Do all GDB lovers agree to it??? :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Programming

gdb command

I'm having problem understanding the how to use gdb command to debug my program. Can anyone give me some suggestion how to start, and examples. I read the manual in unix...I'm still confuse. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

gdb for SunOS 5.6

I want to install gdb on SunOS 5.6 machine. Where can i download from ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb:

Hi, This is a simple question on GDB. Given a core file, how can you check which process has dumped the core? Regards - Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is a core file generated and I am not sure for which Binary it is generated . Can I use gdb to debug the core file ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using Gdb

Hi All, I am trying to execute a binary and it is giving Segmentation Fault. Can I use gdb to debug this error? Secondly there is no core file generated , so when I an trying to run gdb with the binary only I am not able to set any breakpoints. When I am running the gdb and the I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gdb and ptrace ????

Hi all What 's the relationship between gdb and ptrace, if the kernel does not support ptrace, can gdb work ? Is there some one can explain this for me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

9. Programming

gdb help

i have created some break points in gdb. let's say.... b sqlcxt how can i know the breakpoint name of sqlcxt ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
1 Replies

10. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies
netris-sample-robot(6)						Netris Sample Robot					    netris-sample-robot(6)

NAME
netris-sample-robot - sample robot for netris SYNOPSIS
netris-sample-robot [-l] DESCRIPTION
The netris-sample-robot is a sample implementation of the robot protocol. It plays quite well but isn't too hard to beat. The robot should be started from netris with the option -r to connect or wait for another player to join. You can also let two robots play against each other in that way, if you like. OPTIONS
-l Writes some log information into the file log in the current working directory. If it can't it bails out. EXAMPLES
To start the netris-sample-robot waiting for another connection with logfile use the following line: netris -w -r 'netris-sample-robot -l' You then just have to start netris somewhere else which connects to that robot. SEE ALSO
netris(6) BUGS
One known bug of the netris-sample-robot is that it hangs quite often. This was already filed as a bugreport against the package so please refrain from doing so again. If you have an idea why this happens or know a solution how to fix it feel free to mail us. AUTHORS
Netris was written by Mark H. Weaver <mhw@netris.org>. This manual page was written by Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 0.5 16 Feb 2002 netris-sample-robot(6)