Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: gdb not found
Top Forums Programming gdb not found Post 302456549 by mind@work on Friday 24th of September 2010 01:47:49 PM
Old 09-24-2010
gdb not found

Hello,

I am having problem with debugging my code. I am writing a C code and then I compile it with the Makefile. I make a target file and then copy it in my Robot(Khepera III) and then run the program over there.

I compile it ofcorse on my machine and then copy the compiled file in the robot.

I am having problem with debugging the code. I am writing it the code on the vi editor and wants to run GDB debugger to debug the code , as I have no other way to do it.

But the GDB debugger seem to run on the executable file. I compile it using the target file , n then if am using the .o file to run in the gdb debugger, it says:

"executable file not found"

I am having hard time to debug this code Smilie

Can anyone please suggest me, how I cna efficiently debug my code, as other wise am using printf statements to do that.

But am having hard time to do that way.

I will be really glad if someone can suggest me other way or some solution to it.

Thanks a tonn in advance.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GDB or DBX??

Which is better?? I have always been a gdb fan.. But ppl say dbx is beter better for debugging the core.. Do all GDB lovers agree to it??? :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Programming

gdb command

I'm having problem understanding the how to use gdb command to debug my program. Can anyone give me some suggestion how to start, and examples. I read the manual in unix...I'm still confuse. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

gdb for SunOS 5.6

I want to install gdb on SunOS 5.6 machine. Where can i download from ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb:

Hi, This is a simple question on GDB. Given a core file, how can you check which process has dumped the core? Regards - Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb

Hi All, I wanted to know if there is a core file generated and I am not sure for which Binary it is generated . Can I use gdb to debug the core file ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using Gdb

Hi All, I am trying to execute a binary and it is giving Segmentation Fault. Can I use gdb to debug this error? Secondly there is no core file generated , so when I an trying to run gdb with the binary only I am not able to set any breakpoints. When I am running the gdb and the I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gdb and ptrace ????

Hi all What 's the relationship between gdb and ptrace, if the kernel does not support ptrace, can gdb work ? Is there some one can explain this for me (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies

9. Programming

gdb help

i have created some break points in gdb. let's say.... b sqlcxt how can i know the breakpoint name of sqlcxt ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lipun4u
1 Replies

10. Programming

Qemu + gdb

Hi, I got: host machine: RedHat (RHEL6) virtual machine: RedHat (RHEL6) I run (on host machine): qemu-system-x86_64 ...... -S -s after that i run (on host machine): gdb target remote localhost:1234 set architecture i386:x86-64 and then i can use (on host machine) 'ctrl + c' to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
2 Replies
DL(3)                                                        Library Functions Manual                                                        DL(3)

NAME
DL - generate logging messages in C and C++ using a debugger SYNOPSIS
#include <DL.h> DL(format,...) DLG(guard,format,...) DLH(handler,format,...) DLP(param,format,...) DLGH(guard,handler,format,...) DLHP(handler,param,format,...) DLGHP(guard,handler,param,format,...) DESCRIPTION
The DL macro is used to print logging or debugging messages using a debugger. The nana(1) command generates a set of debugger commands which are then sourced into gdb(1) to implement the logging. If you don't run the executable under gdb(1) then no tracing will occur. The arguments are: format,... - a printf(3) style argument list containing the message guard - print only if the guard is true. handler - the code that does the printing. Default: fprintf param - a parameter to be passed off to the handler. Default: stdout See nana.info for details on configuring the behaviour. SEE ALSO
nana-clg(1), nana(1), nana(3), I(3), DI(3), L(3), DL(3), Q(3) and nana.info. The nana.info file is the primary documentation for this library. AUTHOR
Phil Maker <pjm@gnu.org> DL(3)