Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10 Post 302456466 by sathya47 on Friday 24th of September 2010 09:56:35 AM
Old 09-24-2010
Hi hergp,

Thanks for replying.
But I am new to Unix.
Can u explain in detail what to do next to get it installed...

Warm Regards,
Sathya

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error on compiling php for GD on SOLARIS 10

Hi everyone, I have SUn E250 server running solaris 10. I have installed apache 2 + MySQL + PHP-5.1.4 following the guidelines on this website http://meljr.com/~meljr/AMPSolaris10.html Excellent document for first time installation. Now, because I wanted to use Coppermine Photo Gallery, I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: callingrohit
9 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure --prefix=/opt/pware/samba/3.0.27a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
1 Replies

3. AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Samba Compiling questions

OS: Solaris 10 I downloaded a binary from samba.org (3.0.24) I extracted the file and ran the following command: # ./configure --prefix=/usr/sfw --with-configdir=/etc/sfw --with-winbind Now I am trying to understand the compile process but I can't find many answers online ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
10 Replies

5. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem compiling Samba 3.5.1 on Solaris 10 with gcc (3.4.6)

I'm getting this error when 'Linking shared library bin/libtalloc.so.2'... anyone know what's up here? Using CFLAGS = -O -I. -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3 -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/../lib/popt -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/iniparser/src -Iinclude -I./include -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

7. Programming

Sun Solaris C++ Compiling Error

Hello. I'm using SunStudio 12 Update 1. When compiling for x86, everything works fine. When compiling for SPARC, I get the following errors. I linked libCstd.so.1 explicitly, but I get the same errors. Would anyone be kind enough to step me through resolving this? Thank you very much. **... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling samba problem

People i download the lastest version of samba i`am tryng to compile it in a solaris 9 i'm reading the how to of samba, i am in the first step making the autogen.sh but show me this when i do ./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh: running script/mkversion.sh ./script/mkversion.sh: 'include/version.h'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

9. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling Samba 4.4.5

I am running Fedora V21 and had their default Samba installed. But I wanted to put up a PDC with ADS, so I uninstalled samba and down loaded the Samba 4.4.5 source along with the Kerberos devel kit etc. I then configured and compiled etc and it indicated it was successful. But I can't load the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: griffinmt
0 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)