Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10 Post 302456457 by sathya47 on Friday 24th of September 2010 09:30:18 AM
Old 09-24-2010
Data Compiling Error in Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10

Hi all,

I am getting the following error While installing Samba 3.4.1 on Solaris 10.

Code:
#./autogen.sh
./autogen.sh : autoheader : not found
./autogen.sh : test : argument expected

Please help me as I am in a critical state of the project.

Warm regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Scott; 09-24-2010 at 01:26 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Error on compiling php for GD on SOLARIS 10

Hi everyone, I have SUn E250 server running solaris 10. I have installed apache 2 + MySQL + PHP-5.1.4 following the guidelines on this website http://meljr.com/~meljr/AMPSolaris10.html Excellent document for first time installation. Now, because I wanted to use Coppermine Photo Gallery, I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: callingrohit
9 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure --prefix=/opt/pware/samba/3.0.27a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
1 Replies

3. AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Samba Compiling questions

OS: Solaris 10 I downloaded a binary from samba.org (3.0.24) I extracted the file and ran the following command: # ./configure --prefix=/usr/sfw --with-configdir=/etc/sfw --with-winbind Now I am trying to understand the compile process but I can't find many answers online ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Keepcase
10 Replies

5. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem compiling Samba 3.5.1 on Solaris 10 with gcc (3.4.6)

I'm getting this error when 'Linking shared library bin/libtalloc.so.2'... anyone know what's up here? Using CFLAGS = -O -I. -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3 -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/../lib/popt -I/source/samba-3.5.1/source3/iniparser/src -Iinclude -I./include -I. -I. -I./../lib/replace... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: son_t
6 Replies

7. Programming

Sun Solaris C++ Compiling Error

Hello. I'm using SunStudio 12 Update 1. When compiling for x86, everything works fine. When compiling for SPARC, I get the following errors. I linked libCstd.so.1 explicitly, but I get the same errors. Would anyone be kind enough to step me through resolving this? Thank you very much. **... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling samba problem

People i download the lastest version of samba i`am tryng to compile it in a solaris 9 i'm reading the how to of samba, i am in the first step making the autogen.sh but show me this when i do ./autogen.sh ./autogen.sh: running script/mkversion.sh ./script/mkversion.sh: 'include/version.h'... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
0 Replies

9. UNIX Benchmarks

error compiling bm software under Solaris 10

anyone tried it , under Solaris 10 using make (part of SUNWsprot) and gcc 4.6 compiler.. got an error complaining about the Makefile script syntax... I don't think that's compatible at all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compiling Samba 4.4.5

I am running Fedora V21 and had their default Samba installed. But I wanted to put up a PDC with ADS, so I uninstalled samba and down loaded the Samba 4.4.5 source along with the Kerberos devel kit etc. I then configured and compiled etc and it indicated it was successful. But I can't load the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: griffinmt
0 Replies
autoopts-config(1)						Programmer's Manual						autoopts-config(1)

NAME
autoopts-config - script to get information about installed version of autoopts SYNOPSIS
autoopts-config { <value-name> [...] | everything } DESCRIPTION
autoopts-config is a tool that is used by configure to determine the compile and linker flags that should be used to compile and link pro- grams that use autoopts. value-names may be preceeded by one or more hyphens. They are silently ignored. VALUE NAMES
autogen Print the full path name of the autogen executable. The unconfigured value is: ${bindir}/autogen${exeext} bindir The destination directory for executable scripts and programs installed by the autogen package. The unconfigured value is: @bindir@ cflags Print the compiler flags that are necessary to compile an autoopts program. The unconfigured value is: -I${includedir} datadir The directory for various data directories. The unconfigured value is: @datadir@ datarootdir The root directory for various data directories. In this case, there is only one, "datadir". The unconfigured value is: @datarootdir@ dotver Print the currently installed version of autoopts, in dotted format. The unconfigured value is: @AO_CURRENT@.@AO_REVISION@.@AO_AGE@ everything Print the list of all names and values, one per line. exec_prefix The installation root for libraries and executables. The unconfigured value is: @exec_prefix@ exeext The executable file extension used for the autogen executable. The unconfigured value is: @EXEEXT@ includedir The directory where the AutoOpts headers are stored. This does not include the "-I" prefix gotten by specifying "cflags". The unconfigured value is: @includedir@ ldflags Print the linker flags that are necessary to link an autoopts program in the default installation mode (static or dynamic). The unconfigured value is: -L${libdir} -lopts ldopts The linker options to use when linking a program to libopts. The unconfigured value is: @AG_LDFLAGS@ libdir The libopts installation directory. The unconfigured value is: @libdir@ libs an alternate spelling of "ldflags". The unconfigured value is: ${ldflags} libsrc The full path of the redistributable, tear-off libopts library source. This file is in gzipped-tarball format. The unconfigured value is: ${pkgdatadir}/libopts-${dotver}.tar.gz package The name of the package that provides autoopts. This is always "autogen". The unconfigured value is: @PACKAGE@ pkgdatadir The directory containing support files used by autogen. The unconfigured value is: ${datadir}/${package} prefix The autogen package installation prefix. The unconfigured value is: @prefix@ static_libs The name of the AR archive of the libopts object code. The unconfigured value is: ${libdir}/libopts.a version Print the currently installed version of autoopts. The unconfigured value is: @AO_CURRENT@:@AO_REVISION@:@AO_AGE@ SEE ALSO
Autogen Info system documentation. AUTHORS
AutoGen is the work of Bruce Korb <bkorb@gnu.org>. Bruce Korb <bkorb@gnu.org> and Luca Filipozzi <lfilipoz@debian.org> created this manpage. AutoOpts is released under either the GNU General Public License with the Library exception (LGPL), or else the advertising clause free BSD license. Which license used is at the discretion of the licensee. 2013-07-14 autoopts-config(1)