Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading from a File and Using as an Input variable Post 302456452 by pravin27 on Friday 24th of September 2010 09:21:40 AM
Old 09-24-2010
something like this,

parse_file.pl
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

while (<>) {
chomp;
if ($i==1) { if (/^\s+\|---\>\s+(\/.*)/){ print "Do whatever with variable",$1,"\n";} else {$i=0;}}
if(/(urname)([^\w]+)(\/.*)/) {
$a=$3;
                if ($2 =~ /---/) { $i=1;print "Do whatever with variable $a","\n"} else { print "Do whatever with variable $3\n"; }
}
}

invocation
Code:
perl parese_file.pl inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading input to create a variable in a script?

I would like to prompt for input and then use it as a variable in a script. Something like this. #!/bin/ksh echo "What is your name?: \c" read response echo "Your name is $reply" >file.txt done exit 0 What am I missing? Thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Input from File and Duplicates Output

Greetings to all, I would like to read input from a file and make duplications from it with Linux shell. For e.g. Input file ----------- ABC ABB ABA ------------------------------- Output file ------------ ABC ABC ABC ABB ABB (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: noelcantona
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for reading an input file

#!/bin/sh rpt="/export/home/legato/rpt_offsite"/test_eject.tape cat <$rpt while read line do echo $line perform routine done I am trying to read the contents of this file line by line and perform a routine for each line read. The file contents are numbers.. What is wrong with my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gzs553
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help reading an input file in KSH

First I' d like to say you guys are awesome. :) I have a word document that I cut and paste into Textpad and it removed all the fancy formatting which is fine with me. I WinScp'd it to the box and and called it inputfile.txt. Opened it in vi and don't see any special characters or stuff that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilla30066
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading input from a file

I am trying to read input for a C program (that expects input from the user) from a file using the shell command: progname < filename but it seems that the program considers the char '<' as the first input, hence causing an "error" in my program. I checked it with another program and it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadbar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- reading input file twice

Hello, I've been trying to come up with a solution for the following problem; I have an input file with two columns and I want to print as an output the first column without any changes but for the second column, I want to divide it by its last value. Example input: 1 9 2 10 3 11 4 12 5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in reading the date from the input file name

Hi, I need to read the date from the input file. The format of the input file is as follows: a_b_c_yyyymmdd.txt I need to read the date(yyyymmdd) part from the name of the input file. Would really appreciate if someone can help me in this regard Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunny_teotia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML variable for input in same input file

Dear All , i stuck in one problem executing xml .. i have input xml as <COMMAND name="ARRANGEMENT.WRITE" timestamp="0" so="initial"> <SVLOBJECT> <LONG name="CSP_PMNT_ID" val="-1"/> <MONEY name="CSP_CEILING" amount="0.0" currency="AUD"/> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User input while reading from a file

I am not able to capture the user input in this script(bash).There is prompt for user input.Could some one help me capture user input while reading afile? while read line do echo "$i" path1=$line path2=`echo $line|sed s/new_dir/old_dir/` echo "Do you want to replace?";... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)