Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extracting column if above certain values and repeated over a number of times continuously Post 302456180 by Franklin52 on Thursday 23rd of September 2010 11:29:56 AM
Old 09-23-2010
Sorry, I used double quotes instead of single quotes, try this for column 3:
Code:
awk 'NR<3{print $1, $3; next} $3 > 0.5{print $1, $3}' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how many times does this repeated sequence exist

need a script to determine daily how many times does the below repeated sequence exist in a log file, and if it shows failure to connect in the same file 200 PORT Command successful. 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for rgr016.daily.0305. 226 Transfer complete. local: rgr016.daily.0306... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lichento
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To get the total of how many times the pattern is repeated.

Hi, I need the total of how many times the pattern is being repeated in a particular file. I tried with grep as below, but no go. grep -c best sample Contents of Sample file: ----------------------- This is the best site I have never come across. The best one indeed. Very best... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a text file based on numerical values of a column

I have a text file where the second column is a list of numbers going from small to large. I want to extract the rows where the second column is smaller than or equal to 0.0001. My input: rs10082730 9e-08 12 46002702 rs2544081 1e-07 12 46015487 rs1425136 1e-06 7 35396742 rs2712590... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a space delimited text file based on the values of a column

I have a space delimited text file. I want to extract rows where the third column has 0 as a value and write those rows into a new space delimited text file. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for extracting data from csv file based on column values.

Hi all, I am new to shell script.I need your help to write a shell script. I need to write a shell script to extract data from a .csv file where columns are ',' separated. The file has 5 columns having values say column 1,column 2.....column 5 as below along with their valuesm.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choosing between repeated entries based on the "absolute values" of a column

Hello, I was looking for a way to select between the repeated entries (column1) based on the values of absolute values of column 3 (larger value). For example if the same gene id has FC value -2 and 1, I should get the output as -2. Kindly help. GeneID Description FC ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchari
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accepting a phrase and counting the number of times that it is repeated in a specific website

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Develop a shell script that accepts a phrase and counts the number of times that it is repeated in a specific website. Note: Im not sure if it's the whole website, or just a specific page but im guessing its thewhole website. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zakerii
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting unique values of a column from a feed file

Hi Folks, I have the below feed file named abc1.txt in which you can see there is a title and below is the respective values in the rows and it is completely pipe delimited file ,. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punpun66
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append no of times a column is repeated at the end

Hi folks, Iam working on a bash script, i need to print how many times column 2 repeated at the end of each line. Input.txt COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 1 XX 45 N 2 YY 34 y 3 ZZ 44 N 4 XX 89 Y 5 XX 45 N 6 YY 84 D 7 ZZ 22 S Output.txt COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 COL5 1 XX 45 N 3 2 YY 34... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting values based on line-column numbers from multiple text files

Dear All, I have to solve the following problems with multiple tab-separated text file but I don't know how. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have access to Linux mint (but not as a professional). I have multiple tab-delimited files with the following structure: file1: 1 44 2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bastami
5 Replies
ESCAPESHELLARG(3)							 1							 ESCAPESHELLARG(3)

escapeshellarg - Escape a string to be used as a shell argument

SYNOPSIS
string escapeshellarg (string $arg) DESCRIPTION
escapeshellarg(3) adds single quotes around a string and quotes/escapes any existing single quotes allowing you to pass a string directly to a shell function and having it be treated as a single safe argument. This function should be used to escape individual arguments to shell functions coming from user input. The shell functions include exec(3), system(3) and the backtick operator. On Windows, escapeshellarg(3) instead removes percent signs, replaces double quotes with spaces and adds double quotes around the string. PARAMETERS
o $arg - The argument that will be escaped. RETURN VALUES
The escaped string. EXAMPLES
Example #1 escapeshellarg(3) example <?php system('ls '.escapeshellarg($dir)); ?> SEE ALSO
escapeshellcmd(3), exec(3), popen(3), system(3), backtick operator. PHP Documentation Group ESCAPESHELLARG(3)