Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting plz help normal doubt abt shell script Post 302456069 by sivaranga001 on Thursday 23rd of September 2010 06:02:30 AM
Old 09-23-2010
Bug thanks for quick reply-can

hi thanks for reply friend.
can u say one more?
how to print paticular column from a text file.
for exm:
-rw-r----- 1 sranga staff 21 Sep 15 22:32 examp.sh
-rw-r----- 1 sranga staff 218 Sep 16 22:27 file.sh
-rw-r----- 1 sranga staff 0 Sep 23 00:27 file.txt

i have to print only second column from file disp.txt
thanks for quick reply.I am looking forward from uSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl doubt plz explain....

hi all i wrote a shell script which uses perl script my code is : >cat filename | while read i >do >perl -e 'require "/home/scripts/abc.pl" ; abc("$i")' >done perl script used will simply check syntax of Cobol programs but it didn't work for me so i asked my colleague he suggested... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script doubt

Hi, While reading a shell script ,i have come accross the following statements. script_name_full=$0 ***script_name=${script_name_full##*\} ***script_name_noexst=${script_name%%\.ksh} host_name=`hostname` ***host_name_short=${host_name%%\.*} can anybody tell me what is the purpose of marked... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me by creating required shell script

Dear all I am new to shell script. And this is my first post to this site as well as this forum. I would like to tell this forum that I require shell script, which is regarding transfers of files from a specific directory in a server A to server B on a specific directory through sftp command.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to call other files..plz help

Hi all, I have a number of shell script,perl script.. etc in a directory,which i need to execute in some order.Now i need to create a script to call all these files in that order..so that the new script will execute all the files one by one....plz help this is urgent. Thanks In advance Anju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz correct my syntax of shell script

Dear all I am still bit new in shell script area.I am writing down a shell script which I guess somewhere wrong so please kindly correct it. I would be greatful for that. What I actually want from this shell script is that it will move all the files one by one to another server which can be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script Help Plz

####################################################################### # #This script will perform the menu such as : list file, change catalog, #file check, # #This script was written in UNIX Shell Programming Language #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhani
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Normal exit from shell script

How to do a normal exit from .SH program (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 1manraj1
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

i'm new to shell can handle this script for me plz

Write a shell script named displayargs that prints FOUR lines. The first line tells the name that was used to invoke the script, the second line tells how many parameters there were, the third line tells what the last parameter was, and the fourth line tells what the first parameter was. For... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedah160
8 Replies

9. IP Networking

abt IP_ADD to DNS-- Plz help me:ASAP

Hello to forum memebers, Please help for below querry. I am new n/w programming ,I wan to know abt the how to change IP to Domain name thorugh Shell script. I am looking for ur reply. Plz......... advance thanks to Forum.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivaranga001
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clarify doubt ... plz Urgent

Hi friends, I am new to UNIX. I going to transfer files using SFTP. I am writing a script and using mget . If i am using mget * means, if all the files and their sub directories are transferred or not? If suppose , the local system dose not have the sub directory then what will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punitha
1 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)