Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Hard Disk Details
Operating Systems Solaris Need Hard Disk Details Post 302455970 by bharathiraja on Thursday 23rd of September 2010 12:13:30 AM
Old 09-23-2010
Network Need Hard Disk Details

Hi freinds,
What is the command to find out the hard disk details (logical name, FS type etc,). Because i connected one ntfs partition and i don't know the hard disk logical and physical name to mount it.Kindly do the needful.

Thanks | P.Bharathiraja. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk Problem

Does anyone know of any commands that offer the same sort of facilities of scandisk on windows. My Linux server (Mandrake 6.2) keeps crashing and gives hard disk errors when I reboot. I've used fcsk to fix any problems that arise but when I use dumpe2fs to display disk information it says that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DGM
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Details on available disk

Hi everybody.. I am looking for an alternative command to 'format' since this is allowed only to the root user. How do I do to get the same information as command format does here below ? AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN146G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 848> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riddick61
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space details from Unix to Outlook

Hi Friends, I am using sun Solaris . I want to find the disk space (df -k) for the Unix box and the data has to be sent to an email id. Can u please find me a code that checks the disk space 6 times a day, loads the data into an excel sheet and sends to an email id. Can u also tell me how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharnr
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk at 99% Help!

:eek: I use this Solaris to run CMS a call acounting software package for my job. No one could run reports today because it said the this when you logged on "The following file systems are low, and could adversely affect server performance: File system /: 99%full" Can some one please explain... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannyisme
9 Replies

6. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

7. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

8. AIX

Command to get Disk Adapter details in AIX

Hi, What is the command to get the disk adapter performance details in AIX?. Guide me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maruthu
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

storage disk details

Hi, We have a OEL5.7 installed and which has a storage attached on it. While running application it shows poor performance for Disk IO "dm-0" Now the question is how do I find what exactly is "dm-0" # iostat Linux 2.6.32-100.23.1.el5 03/10/2012 avg-cpu: %user %nice %system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX

Hi, I need to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX . I need a command on how to display the information on below format File System Total_Space_KB Used_Space_KB Available_Space_KB %Used /u05 524288000 376235344 138799427 73% /u02 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
0 Replies
PREP(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PREP(8)

NAME
prep, format - prepare hard and floppy diskettes SYNOPSIS
disk/prep [ -ra ] special [ type ] disk/format [ -t type ] [ -f ] [ -d ] [ -b bfile ] [ -c csize ] [ -l label ] drive [ files ... ] DESCRIPTION
A partition table is stored on a hard disk to specify the division of the physical disk into a set of logical units. On Plan 9 the parti- tion table is a list of triples: name, starting sector, and ending sector. The kernel fabricates the first two partitions, disk and parti- tion; the disk partition records the starting and ending sectors for the whole disk, and the partition partition, typically the last sector on the disk, holds the partition table itself. Special is the maximal prefix of names of the logical units on the disk, for example #w/hd0. Prep reads and prints the associated parti- tion table and then enters a simple interactive mode to control editing the table. The options are: -r (read only) prohibits writing the table on disk. -a automatically create default partitions if no partition table already exists. These include partitions for DOS, a boot kernel, an NVRAM substitute, a kfs(4) file system, and, if room remains, a swap partition. Format prepares for use the floppy diskette in the disk file named drive, for example /dev/fd0disk. The options are: -f Do not physically format the disc. Used to install an MS-DOS filesystem on a previously formatted disc. With this option, drive can be a plain file. -t specify a density and type of disk to be prepared. The possible types are: 31/2DD 31/2" double density, 737280 bytes 31/2HD 31/2" high density, 1474560 bytes 51/4DD 51/4" double density, 368640 bytes 51/4HD 51/4" high density, 1146880 bytes The default is the highest possible on the device, unless -f is used, in which case the default is 31/2HD. -d add MS-DOS parameter block, file access table (FAT), and root directory to the start of the floppy. The remaining options have effect only when -d is specified: -b use the contents of bfile as the bootstrap block installed in sector 0. -c use a DOS cluster size of csize sectors when creating the DOS FAT. -l add a label when creating the DOS parameter block. Again under -d, any files listed are added, in order, to the root directory of the MS-DOS filesytem. The files are contiguously allocated and created with the READONLY attribute set. The file /sys/src/boot/pc/bb is an example of a suitable bfile to make the disk a boot disk. It gets loaded by the BIOS at 0x7C00, reads the root directory into address 0x7E00, and looks at the first root directory entry. If that file is called B.COM, it uses single sector reads to load the file into address 0x10000 and then jumps to the loaded file image. EXAMPLE
Create a Plan 9 boot floppy on a previously formatted diskette: disk/format -f -b bb -d /dev/fd0disk /386/b.com SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/disk/prep.c /sys/src/cmd/disk/format.c /sys/src/boot/pc/bb.s SEE ALSO
floppy(3), wren(3), b.com(8) PREP(8)