Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute ssh commands through bash script Post 302455783 by vbe on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 11:48:36 AM
Old 09-22-2010
Code:
for ((i=1;i<=$NODES_NUM;i+=1))
do
    ssh x$i < script                
done

should work, the only difference with the original script is putting the if condition and treatment in a shell script used in input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i get my script to execute multiple commands?

New to shell scripting. I can't get my script to execute multiple commands. Here's the code. It's a menu script. #!/bin/ksh clear print "SDE MENU" PS3="SDE MENU, enter choice:" select clean_menu in "tasdedev instance 5151" "orkindev instance 5155" "tasdetst instance 5157" "orkinsys... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hvincent
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash commands to an 'ssh' within an ssh'

I've struggled to find a solution to this problem from searching so I thought I'd write a post to see what can be done. I'm attempting to connect and run commands on 'server2' but because of security limitations I cannot access it directly. I can however ssh into 'server1' and then into... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcintosh.jamie
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - to execute set of commands

Hi Can someone help me to figure out Want to execute few cmds in remote host thru ssh Tried below cmd -------------------------------excerpt------------------- RDIR=/data1/logs ---> variable stores rem. server directory TODAY="`date '+%b %d'`" ssh -i $userid@$host "cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: id100
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute commands from script in current bash session

I have a file as follows: cat /etc/mxg/ssh-hostsmx.example1.com.au:2225 mx2.example2.com.au:2225 mx.example3.com.au:2225 mail.example4.com.au:2225 mail.example5.org.au:2225 mail.example6.com.au:2225I want to dynamically create aliases for quick access to these servers from bash. I wrote... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jelloir
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

commands to execute unix script

commands to execute unix script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to multiple servers using SSH and execute commands

Requirement: Run a shell script with below inputs file name checksum path the script should go to multiple servers (around 35) and verify the input cksum and if there is a mismatch display a simple message to the user that cksum verification failed. host details, user id /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amicableperson
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script to execute a command remote servers using ssh

Hello, I am running into few issues, please suggest me what I am missing. I am running this script on a linux host. Main idea of this script is to, login to each host via ssh and get uid of user, service user that I trying to run this script, has already deployed ssh keys and provide sudo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script help to execute ssh remote commands

Hi, The below command is not giving me the count , Can somebody help me in re-writing this pls . Proc_Exist=`ssh -q -o "BatchMode=yes" -o "PasswordAuthentication=no" $OAUSER@${Primary_Node} ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep "${ICM_Proc}" |wc -l ` Also the same problem with below... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Y.balakrishna
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh multiple hops to execute commands with arguments

Hi I need to write a script to ssh through several hops (e.g. HostA-HostB-HostC-HostD), where Host A does not have direct assess to HostC ; HostB cannot access HostD directly. when I ssh 3 hops and run command with arg1, arg2 and redirect the output to a file, e.g. HostA> ssh -t HostB ssh -t... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chiensh
3 Replies
OHCOUNT(1)							   User Commands							OHCOUNT(1)

NAME
ohcount - manual page for ohcount 3.0.0 SYNOPSIS
ohcount [option] [paths...] DESCRIPTION
Ohloh source code line counter command line tool. http://www.ohloh.net/ [option] can be one of the following: -a, --annotate -d, --detect -h, --help -i, --individual -l, --license -re -s, --summary -a, --annotate Show annotated source code The contents of all source code files found within the given paths will be emitted to stdout. Each line will be prefixed with a tab-delimited language name and semantic categorization (code, comment, or blank). -d, --detect Find source code files Recursively find all source code files within the given paths. For each source code file found, the file name will be emitted to stdout prefixed with a tab-delimited language name. -h, --help Display this message -i, --individual Count lines of code per file Count lines in all source code files within the given paths, and emit a report of the lines of code, comments, and blanks in each language per file. -l, --license Displays detected licensing information contained in each source code file. -re Prints raw entity information to the screen (mainly for debugging). -s, --summary Count lines of code (default) Count lines in all source code files within the given paths, and emit a report of the total number of lines of code, comments, and blanks in each language. This is the default action. [paths] can refer to any number of individual files or directories. Directories will be probed recursively. If no path is given, the current directory will be used. ohcount 3.0.0 September 2011 OHCOUNT(1)