Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Very Simple "Tabs to Newline" Code??? Post 302455594 by alister on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 04:11:04 AM
Old 09-22-2010
Code:
tr \\t \\n < data | paste - - -

Regards,
Alister

Last edited by alister; 09-22-2010 at 05:20 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting newline characters but not the "true" \n character

hi, i have a file that has about 4500 rows. this was an old microsoft access databse and what i am trying to do is take out the old extra \n newline characters but not take out the "true" newline character. I will explain. i was trying to write a regular expression, but that was not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caddyjoe77
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with replacing tabs inside "" with some text/blank

I am poor with scripting;) I have a file in the following format; 'This is a "test in production" of importance.' I want to get rid of the spaces inside the "" part only to get the output as, 'This is a "testinproduction" of importance.' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shmathew
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Match newline character "\n" in lex

Hi everyone! This is my very first post, sorry if I'm not posting in the right category. I'm trying to match a newline "/n" using lex/yacc. For example, print(9,'\n',8) should print 9 8 now do I write a regular expression to match exactly " '\n' " Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: code21
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Programming

"GLIBC detected Error" for a simple C code.

Here is a simple program to find the vowels in the string. Output is fine. But I'm getting GLIBC detected as shown below : :eek: *** glibc detected *** ./VOWELS: free(): invalid pointer: 0x08b82013 *** ======= Backtrace: ========= /lib/libc.so.6 /lib/libc.so.6(cfree+0x59) ./VOWELS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ranji Raj
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How newline character "^M" appeared in file?

I have two files. Diff and hexdump tell that they are identical. However vi shows windows newline characters "^M" in one of these files. How is this possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
wstring(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					       wstring(3C)

NAME
wstring, wscasecmp, wsncasecmp, wsdup, wscol - Process Code string operations SYNOPSIS
#include <widec.h> int wscasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2); int wsncasecmp(const wchar_t *s1, const wchar_t *s2, int n); wchar_t *wsdup(const wchar_t *s); int wscol(const wchar_t *s); DESCRIPTION
These functions operate on Process Code strings terminated by wchar_t null characters. During appending or copying, these routines do not check for an overflow condition of the receiving string. In the following, s, s1, and s2 point to Process Code strings terminated by a wchar_t null. wscasecmp(), wsncasecmp() The wscasecmp() function compares its arguments, ignoring case, and returns an integer greater than, equal to, or less than 0, depending upon whether s1 is lexicographically greater than, equal to, or less than s2. It makes the same comparison but compares at most n Process Code characters. The four Extended Unix Code (EUC) codesets are ordered from lowest to highest as 0, 2, 3, 1 when characters from different codesets are compared. wsdup() The wsdup() function returns a pointer to a new Process Code string, which is a duplicate of the string pointed to by s. The space for the new string is obtained using malloc(3C). If the new string cannot be created, a null pointer is returned. wscol() The wscol() function returns the screen display width (in columns) of the Process Code string s. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
malloc(3C), string(3C), wcstring(3C), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 29 Dec 1996 wstring(3C)