Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to execute commands one after other Post 302455333 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 21st of September 2010 09:51:47 AM
Old 09-21-2010
Code:
nohup ./runinstaller -silent 2&>1 > nohup.out &
wait

runinstaller is now background process, waited for by your command line process

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

lom don't execute commands

I'm new in Sun, i just recieved a sun v100 server, i already connected the server to a workstation (using the hyperterminal tool) and it seemmed to be fine... however when the LOM> prompt appears and i try to introduce various commands but it does nothing. LOMlite starting up. CPU type:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasalagua
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can BASH execute commands on a remote server when the commands are embedded in shell

I want to log into a remote server transfer over a new config and then backup the existing config, replace with the new config. I am not sure if I can do this with BASH scripting. I have set up password less login by adding my public key to authorized_keys file, it works. I am a little... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute multiple commands in a find

I am checking that a file is older than a reference file that I build with a touch command before processing it. If it is not old enough, I want to sleep for an hour and check again. My problem is if it is old enough to process, I want to exit when I am done, but I cannot find a way to exit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prismtx
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute shell commands with in sftp

Hi All, Please let me know how do I execute some of the shell commands like cat, find ,grep within sftp. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommy1
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron used to execute multiple commands

have to run multiple commands at a specified time by the user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemaa
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh - to execute set of commands

Hi Can someone help me to figure out Want to execute few cmds in remote host thru ssh Tried below cmd -------------------------------excerpt------------------- RDIR=/data1/logs ---> variable stores rem. server directory TODAY="`date '+%b %d'`" ssh -i $userid@$host "cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: id100
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute 2 Commands at the same time

Hi @all I have got the following problem: I want my Master-Script to execute 2 Sub-scripts at the same time. How can i realize that? Thx for your help Greez Roger (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkSwiss
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute multipe commands

I would like to execute multipe commands in a shell script. Please provide the commands for the below scenario: Execute command1 if command1 is succesfull, then execute command2, command3,command4 in parallel if command2, command3,command4 are success then run command 5 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: p_gautham12
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell: How to execute commands from another file?

I made a configuration file for my shell script in that all the values that the shell scipt needs, are defined, but I don't know how to let the shell script use those defined variables. Thank you for your help :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkali
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take input from the user from the command line and execute commands basedon that?

Hi, I am using solaris 10 and bash shell.Script execution follows below.Initially it will check whether a directory exists or not if does not exist it will create it.(This I have completed) Second step:I have four users say user1,user2,user3,user4.Script should prompt for the user id and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
11 Replies
wait(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   wait(1)

NAME
wait - await process completion SYNOPSIS
[pid] DESCRIPTION
If no argument is specified, waits until all processes (started with of the current shell have completed, and reports on abnormal termina- tions. If a numeric argument pid is given and is the process ID of a background process, waits until that process has completed. Other- wise, if pid is not a background process, exits without waiting for any processes to complete. Because the system call must be executed in the parent process, the shell itself executes without creating a new process (see wait(2)). Command-Line Arguments supports the following command line arguments: The unsigned decimal integer process ID of a command, whose termination is to wait for. WARNINGS
Some processes in a 2-or-more-stage pipeline may not be children of the shell, and thus cannot be waited for. SEE ALSO
csh(1), ksh(1), sh-posix(1), sh(1), wait(2). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
wait(1)