Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: script
Operating Systems Linux script Post 302454837 by felipe.vinturin on Monday 20th of September 2010 05:46:26 AM
Old 09-20-2010
I think the script is not clear for you!

When you execute SQLPlus:
Code:
sqlplus <User><Pass>@${ORACLE_SID}

It opens a connection to the database and you can find it in the V$session view and when you kill the sqlplus process, it also closes the database connection, so, when the steps below are executed, the database connection is also closed:
Code:
pid=`ps -ef | egrep "${sqlFile}" | awk '{print $2}'`
kill -9 ${pid}

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
DB2_PCLOSE(3)								 1							     DB2_PCLOSE(3)

db2_pclose - Closes a persistent database connection

SYNOPSIS
bool db2_pclose (resource $resource) DESCRIPTION
This function closes a DB2 client connection created with db2_pconnect(3) and returns the corresponding resources to the database server. Note This function is only available on i5/OS in response to i5/OS system administration requests. If you have a persistent DB2 client connection created with db2_pconnect(3), you may use this function to close the connection. To avoid substantial connection performance penalties, this function should only be used in rare cases when the persistent connection has become unresponsive or the persistent connection will not be needed for a long period of time. PARAMETERS
o $connection - Specifies an active DB2 client connection. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Closing a persistent connection The following example demonstrates a successful attempt to close a connection to an IBM DB2 i5/OS database. <?php $conn = db2_pconnect('', '', ''); $rc = db2_pclose($conn); if ($rc) { echo "Connection was successfully closed."; } ?> The above example will output: Connection was successfully closed. SEE ALSO
db2_close(3), db2_pconnect(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_PCLOSE(3)