Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract section of file based on word in section Post 302454752 by bartus11 on Monday 20th of September 2010 02:16:10 AM
Old 09-20-2010
If you don't need the "Normal backup" line then this can do:
Code:
virtualMachines="IIBSBS IIBVICDMS01 IIBVICMA01"
for i in ${virtualMachines}; do awk "/$i/,/Duration/" /tmp/backup.log > vdrlog-$i; done

In case that this line is important for you, let me know I'll come up with some Perl.
This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed & awk--get section of file based 2 params

I need to get a section of a file based on 2 params. I want the part of the file between param 1 & 2. I have tried a bunch of ways and just can't seem to get it right. Can someone please help me out.....its much appreciated. Here is what I have found that looks like what I want....but doesn't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy Cook
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i extract text section via grep

hi, i have a very long text file. i need to extract with grep command a certain part. for example text file include 1ooo rows: 1.... 2... 3... . . . 1000 i want to view with grep only rows 50-100. any ideas will be appreciated thanks... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: meny
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and extract by section from configuration

Hi, I understand either AWK or SED can do this, but I not sure how to extract the following configuration in section. Meaning when I need to find code with " ip helper-address 192.168.11.2" , it would start from "interface Serial0/0" and "interface FastEthernet0/1". Only displaying both section... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haphazard
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting A Section of A File Based On the Time Within It

Hi, I have a file formated like this: John 7.22 2010-01-25_17:01:36 George 8.22 2010-01-25_17:02:36 Bob 9.62 2010-01-25_17:04:36 Jane 10.11 2010-01-25_17:05:36 Emma 4.52 2010-01-25_17:01:36 What I want to do is cut out only the entries that have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format output from the file to extract "date" section

Hello Team , I have to extract date section from the below file output. The output of the file is as shown below. I have to extract the "" this section from the above output of the file. can anyone please let me know how can we acheive this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyamy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting a section based on search from other file

Hi Everyone, I need some help to accomplish the below. help is highly appriciated. I have a 45 mb file with ldap entries. Each user entry is separated by a string # entry-id: 1 and so on. Some of the entries has a string xyz: true. I want to delete the section if the user section has xyz: true... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prepend first line of section to each line until the next section header

I have searched in a variety of ways in a variety of places but have come up empty. I would like to prepend a portion of a section header to each following line until the next section header. I have been using sed for most things up until now but I'd go for a solution in just about anything--... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagrus
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch a section from a file

Hi, I have a file like... $cat file1 +++++++++++++++++++ client1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ col1 col2 col3 ------ ----- ----- (0 rows affected) ========================================================= +++++++++++++++++++ client1 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ col1 col2 col3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract record from file based on section.

input file output file (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lathigara
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying section of file based on search criteria

Hi Guru's, I am new to unix scripting. I have a huge file with user details in it(file2) and I have another file with a list of users(file1). Script has to search a user from file1 and get all the associated lines from file2. Example: fiel1: cn=abc cn=DEF cn=xyx File 2: dn:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
10 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backups for devices running iOS 4 or later. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --udid UDID target specific device by its 40-digit device UDID. -s, --source UDID use backup data from device specified by UDID. -i, --interactive request passwords interactively on the command line. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. --remove remove items which are not being restored. --password PWD supply the password of the source backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. encryption on|off [PWD] enable or disable backup encryption. changepw [OLD NEW] change backup password on target device. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)