Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cron jobs and mail
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cron jobs and mail Post 302454383 by thelakbe on Friday 17th of September 2010 11:46:27 PM
Old 09-18-2010
Cron jobs and mail

Hi,
I am new to this mail concept and cran jobs,i have given with a task to send a mail for every one hour from unix to my outlook by checking some sanitry checks kindly look the below queires and help me in this

1.)How to send a mail from unix box to outlook.

2.)I assigned to check a sanitry checks like
a.)Have to check large size file in approprite path
b.)IF it found a large size the file should have to compress.

3.)How to setup a cran jobs for sending a mail from unix to outlook for every one hour by executing all the above things.

4.)If we can able to do above things please conform that we can able to send mail with attachment from unix to oulook.

Pleas help on this.Smilie

Thanks in advance.Smilie

Regards
Thelak Kumar

Last edited by thelakbe; 09-18-2010 at 12:51 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron jobs

hi folks, I need an explanation on cron jobs with an example (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cron jobs

I was wondering if itīs possible to cron job not to run on a certian day and time. Iīve got a job that runs everyday at 08:00 but would like it not to run on the 20:th between 08:00 and 10:00 Anyone know if this is possible, and if. How do i do it? regards... dOzY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Jobs

Where can someone find info on Cron Jobs? Very new to UNIX and the PC I inherited looks to have several of them. Looks like they are some kind of background program that runs automatically at specified times. Would like to delete some of them and know more about them. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dereckbc
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs

I need to monitor my cron jobs with another unix machine since occasionally the cron will go down on the main server but there are no errors. Can anyone help with a script to write to use the cron on the back up machine to monitor the main server? I am using SCO and the cron jobs have been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmarral
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Cron Jobs

I'm trying to run cron jobs to start any inhibited processes after a system reboot. I can schedule th cron, but i'm confused as to how to incorporated the reboot, since reboot is scheduled at different times, once every month. How can I write this to start every 15 min after after a reboot ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

6. Solaris

cron jobs

how to Put a cron entry which should be same script triggered on every Saturday and 1st of every month at 01.00 GMT. 0 2 1 * 6 --( At 2.00 GMT every sat & on 1st of every month) the above syntax is correct? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kurva
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cron jobs

Hi Frenz, How do we get a cron job running in background to foreground ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkalase
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cron jobs

Hi, please help on this am trying to exec the below mentioned cron jobs but its getting failed fro the past two days ###but when am trying to execte the cron by the times 23,29 18 * * * /export/home/inrvgo/thelak/China.sh its getting exec properly please help on this #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Jobs

How to see which cron jobs are not running? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul.raj1989
2 Replies
msgchk(1)						      General Commands Manual							 msgchk(1)

NAME
msgchk - check for messages (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
msgchk [-help] [-nodate] [-notify all | | | mail | | | nomail] [users ... ] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options for this command. Prints the date when you last read your mail. This is the default behavior of msgchk. The -nodate option can be used of you do not want to print this date. Indicates under what circumstances msgchk should produce a message. There are three legal values: all, mail, and nomail. The default is -notify all, which reports the status of the maildrop regardless of whether it has mail in it or not. The -notify mail option reports the status of the maildrop only if there is mail waiting. The -notify nomail option reports the status of the maildrop only if there is no mail in it. Specifies the source which are checked for mail. The only value allowed is file, which is the user's maildrop. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. DESCRIPTION
The msgchk program checks all known mail drops for mail that is waiting for you. It displays whether you have mail waiting to be read or not and shows the date that you last read your mail. You can check other user's maildrops by specifying their user names as the users argument on the command line. RESTRICTIONS
msgchk does not understand the $MAILDROP environmental variable. If mail is fetched from a location other than /usr/spool/mail/$USER, msgchk will not be able to determine if new mail has arrived. However, inc can still be used to fetch mail when it arrives. For this version, the -source option only supports the value file. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. EXAMPLES
This example shows a user Smith checking his own maildrop: % msgchk Smith: New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1988 17:21:49 WET The next example shows a user checking the maildrops of two other local users on the same system, Rabb and Jones: % msgchk Rabb Jones Rabb: No file-source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1997 13:22:25 WET Jones: New file source mail waiting ; last read on Tue, 07 Jun 1997 17:30:05 WET FILES
The user profile. The system customization file. The user's maildrop. SEE ALSO
inc(1) msgchk(1)