Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Redhat Virtualization 2.2
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Redhat Virtualization 2.2 Post 302454214 by cjcox on Friday 17th of September 2010 11:29:52 AM
Old 09-17-2010
Haven't tried the newest... sort of waiting for Red Hat to get rid of the required .Net W2K3 piece. But I do have the older 2.1 based RHEV up and running.

Or are you looking for a developer who is working on RHEV at Red Hat??
I'm just a user/admin.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Hardware virtualization

Hello to all In my organization we want to pass to move the systems to an virtualized environment, nevertheless, considering the absence of resources, the idea is to acquire the versers and that the department (I) do the facilities, tests, etc. Wearing out the possible minimal cost in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aalvarez77
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Virtualization Software

Hello peopel I am interesting in implement a virtualization system on HP-UX v3. I have some Integrity servers with this OS installed but I want to virtualize one of them because I have a problem that has no solution in HP-UX and I have to install RedHat for this reason. Then I don't know what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lekram
1 Replies

3. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtualization problems

Hi everyone. Last week we have some hardware problems in our Unixware 7 server, and i decided to change this physical machine into a virtual machine. The scenario is: architecture=IA32 bus_types=PCI2.10,ISA,PnP1.0 hostname=tecsup2uw.tecsupaqp.edu hw_provider=Generic AT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danilosevilla
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Virtualization options for HP-UX 11.31

Hello, I am looking for a virtualization option for HP-UX that will allow VMs to run completely independent of each other with full Operating System capabilities (not a guest OS with limited features/access), with their own IP addresses and dedicated resources that will not interfere with any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
4 Replies

5. Solaris

solaris virtualization

Hi everyone, I have ten servers with solaris (diffrent versions). there is solaris 10, solaris 6 and solaris 8. some are SPARC and some are x86 I would like to move them to one server so they all will be virtual. Is it possible? how? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bregtux
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

7. Linux

Virtualization best practices

Hello admins and gurus I have a controversial topic: now we are investing in a new Linux OS that will hold our Sybase database. The server will virtualized on a VMware server hosted on SAN storage. Now the question is, when we install the database engine is it better - in terms of performance -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abohmeed
1 Replies

8. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Virtualization on vmware

Got tired of messing around with real hardware old and others.. Decided to spend some $$ for a QUAD-core dual cpu laptop with 8 gig of ram and 1 TB disk space.. running VMware workstation 10 on windows 8.0 , with a pair of solx86 vcs 5.1 cluster and a pair of rhel 6.4 vcs 6.x cluster.. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redhat Virtualization EN error : InitLogger main process terminated with status 1

My server has /var/log/messages with 'init: initLogger main process (608798) terminated with status 1' errors. I researched about the error and also followed the steps from stackexchange : 157059/error-init-ttys0-dev-ttys0-main-process-1612-terminated-with-status-1]linux - ERROR: init: ttyS0... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Virtualization

Hello All, To start with, I am not an expert of solaris and VMs. Unfortunately, I can't find a direct or understandable (at least to me) answer to my question online. So please, excuse me if my question will sound dumb to you. :o We have 2 remaining solaris 8 servers are on sparc... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: forextrafun
9 Replies
VIRT-WHO(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       VIRT-WHO(8)

NAME
virt-who - Agent for reporting virtual guest IDs to Subscription Asset Manager. SYNOPSIS
virt-who [-d] [-i INTERVAL] [-b] [-o] [--sam|--satellite] [--libvirt|--vdsm|--esx|--rhevm|--hyperv] OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -d, --debug Enable debugging output -b, --background Run in the background and monitor virtual guests -o, --one-shot Send the list of guest IDs and exit immediately -i INTERVAL, --interval=INTERVAL Acquire and send list of virtual guest each N seconds Virtualization backend Choose virtualization backend that should be used to gather host/guest associations --libvirt Use libvirt to list virtual guests [default] --vdsm Use vdsm to list virtual guests --esx Register ESX machines using vCenter --rhevm Register guests using RHEV-M --hyperv Register guests using Hyper-V Subscription manager Choose where the host/guest associations should be reported --sam Report host/guest associations to the Subscription Asset Manager [default] --satellite Report host/guest associations to the Satellite vCenter/ESX options Use this options with --esx --esx-owner=OWNER Organization who has purchased subscriptions of the products --esx-env=ENV Environment where the vCenter server belongs to --esx-server=SERVER URL of the vCenter server to connect to --esx-username=USERNAME Username for connecting to vCenter --esx-password=PASSWORD Password for connecting to vCenter RHEV-M options Use this options with --rhevm --rhevm-owner=OWNER Organization who has purchased subscriptions of the products --rhevm-env=ENV Environment where the RHEV-M belongs to --rhevm-server=SERVER URL of the RHEV-M server to connect to --rhevm-username=USERNAME Username for connecting to RHEV-M --rhevm-password=PASSWORD Password for connecting to RHEV-M Hyper-V options Use this options with --hyperv --hyperv-owner=OWNER Organization who has purchased subscriptions of the products --hyperv-env=ENV Environment where the Hyper-V belongs to --hyperv-server=SERVER URL of the Hyper-V server to connect to --hyperv-username=USERNAME Username for connecting to Hyper-V --hyperv-password=PASSWORD Password for connecting to Hyper-V Satellite options: Use this options with --satellite --satellite-server=SAT_SERVER Satellite server URL --satellite-username=SAT_USERNAME Username for connecting to Satellite server --satellite-password=SAT_PASSWORD Password for connecting to Satellite server ENVIRONMENT
virt-who also reads environmental variables. They have the same name as command line arguments but upper-cased, with underscore instead of dash and prefixed with VIRTWHO_ (e.g. VIRTWHO_ONE_SHOT). Empty variables are considered as disabled, non-empty as enabled USAGE
MODE virt-who has three modes how it can run: 1. one-shot mode # virt-who -o In this mode virt-who just sends list of guest UUIDs to the server and exits. 2. interval mode # virt-who This is default mode. virt-who will check and send list of guest UUIDs once per hour. This interval can be changed using "-i INTER- VAL" option where INTERVAL is number of seconds how often it should check and send the list. 3. background mode # virt-who -b This mode is similar to interval mode but it monitors events from libvirt and update list of guest UUIDs as soon as possible. It also does the interval check (interval can be altered by "-i INTERVAL" option). NOTE: virt-who don't print anything to terminal in this mode NOTE: monitoring for events requires libvirt backend, but this mode can be used with all backends. VIRTUALIZATION BACKEND virt-who can use couple of virtualization backends. 1. libvirt # virt-who # virt-who --libvirt Use libvirt as virtualization backend. This is default. NOTE: virt-who can monitor for events only in this mode. 2. vdsm # virt-who --vdsm Use vdsm as virtualization backend. 3. ESX # virt-who --esx --esx-owner=ESX_OWNER --esx-env=ESX_ENV --esx-server=ESX_SERVER --esx-username=ESX_USERNAME --esx-pass- word=ESX_PASSWORD Use ESX (vCenter) as virtualization backend and specify option required to connect to ESX server. 4. RHEV-M # virt-who --rhevm --rhevm-owner=RHEVM_OWNER --rhevm-env=RHEVM_ENV --rhevm-server=RHEVM_SERVER --rhevm-username=RHEVM_USERNAME --rhevm-password=RHEVM_PASSWORD Use RHEV-M as virtualization backend and specify option required to connect to RHEV-M server. 5. Hyper-V # virt-who --hyperv --hyperv-owner=HYPERV_OWNER --hyperv-env=HYPERV_ENV --hyperv-server=HYPERV_SERVER --hyperv-user- name=HYPERV_USERNAME --hyperv-password=HYPERV_PASSWORD Use Hyper-V as virtualization backend and specify option required to connect to Hyper-V server. SUBSCRIPTION MANAGER virt-who can report host/guest associations either to Subscription Asset Manager (SAM) or to Satellite. 1. Subscription Asset Manager # virt-who # virt-who --sam System must be registered using subscription-manager prior to using virt-who. Configuration for connecting to SAM is shared between subscription-manager and virt-who. This is default. 2. Satellite # virt-who --satellite --satellite-server=SAT_SERVER --satellite-username=SAT_USERNAME --satellite-password=SAT_PASSWORD This option can't be used for monitoring local guests, use rhn-virtualization-host instead. LOGGING
virt-who always writes error output to file /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log. In all modes, excluding background ("-b"), it writes same output also to the standard error output. virt-who can be started with option "-d" in all modes and with all backends. This option will enable verbose output with more information. AUTHOR
Radek Novacek <rnovacek at redhat dot com> virt-who August 2013 VIRT-WHO(8)