Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO disable X Window from the startup Post 302454114 by TinhNhi on Friday 17th of September 2010 07:51:41 AM
Old 09-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
To disable

Code:
#/etc/scologin disable

To start
Code:
#startx

can you be more specific please. Should we login maintain mode and run your commands from DOS based prompt?

Thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to disable color text in xterm window

Hello, Anyone knows how to disable color text displayed on xterm window screen? I hate that color making me hard to read when front and background color are similar. Thanks, M. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: modemer
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Disable X window

I access my Sun box via ssh, and i dont need to x Window system at all, and everytime if i couldnt type user name and password fast enough its try to load the Java desktop, how can i disable X-Window login and make it stop at console login prompt ? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

X window can not startup

When the system shutdown and startup, the login window can not start normally and often display as character mode, I have uncomment the last line in the /etc/dt/config/Xservers file as the following, but the problem still unfix: * Local local@console /usr/bin/X11/X :0 another problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

5. Solaris

disable telnet on the startup

Hi All, I want to disable telnet on the startup of solaris 8-10 but still wants for a standby purposes. In case I need to troubleshoot ssh, I can connect thru telnet. Most solution on the internet is to permanently removed it. Best Regards, itik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
Scilab(1)						      General Commands Manual							 Scilab(1)

NAME
scilab - Scientific software package for numerical computations SYNOPSIS
scilab [ -h | -f file | -e instruction | -l lang | -mem n | -nw | -nwni | -nogui | -nb | -ns | -nouserstartup | -version ] This manual page documents briefly the scilab commands. OPTIONS
A complete list of options is included below. -h Show the list of options. -f file Execute the scilab script given in file argument. Note that -e and -f options are mutually exclusive. -e instruction Execute the scilab instruction given in instruction argument. Note that -e and -f options are mutually exclusive. -nw Start Scilab without specialized Scilab Window. -nwni start Scilab without the GUI, graphic and help features (batch mode). This option disable the need of Java. -nogui start Scilab without user GUI (batch mode). -l lang Launch Scilab in the specified language. The lang must be the locale code (ie fr_FR, en_US...) -nb Do not display the Scilab banner at starting time. -ns Do not execute scilab.start startup file -mem N Set the initial stacksize -nouserstartup Do not execute the user startup files SCIHOME/.scilab or SCIHOME/scilab.ini. -version Print product version and exit. FILES
~/.Scilab/<Scilab_version>/.scilab The user startup script. ~/.Scilab/<Scilab_version>/scilab.ini The user startup script. ~/.Scilab/<Scilab_version>/configuration.xml The configuration of the GUI ~/.Scilab/<Scilab_version>/.history.scilab The history of commands SCI/modules/jvm/etc/jvm_options.xml Options given to the JVM SCI/etc/modules.xml List of Scilab modules SCI/etc/classpath.xml Where Scilab should load the Java libraries SCI/etc/librarypath.xml Where Scilab should look for JNI libraries AUTHOR
Scilab was written by the Scilab Consortium. This manual page was written by Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre@debian.org>. November 18, 2008 Scilab(1)