Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep return more than one line Post 302453850 by bartus11 on Thursday 16th of September 2010 02:39:38 PM
Old 09-16-2010
Like this?
Code:
awk -vs="2010-07-19" '$0~"^"s{p=1}!($0~"^"s) && /^2010/{if(p==1){print "\n"}p=0}p' logfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep for a line then return lines above

Hey guys, I just want to grep for a line then return a few lines above it I can't seem to find what im looking for on google can someone help me out? This is on Solaris 9..... I don't have GNU grep so -B and -A commands will not work (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in the return of grep

hi, i am running this command inside the script var=`grep -il $1 "${logdir}"* | xargs grep -ivl adding | xargs grep -ivl equation | xargs ls -ctr | tail -1` in that grep will find the latest logfile for the variable "$" if it fnd the logfile, then it reutrns the filename to the var if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying grep to return latest files

Hi guys, I currently use the below mwntioned grep statemen to get the timestamp of the last generated file in the directory. (ls -ltr eCustomerCME* | grep ^- | tail -1 | awk ' { print $6,$7,$8 } ') I need to modify this grep to search for files generated only within last 2 hrs. Can you pls... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

| help | unix | grep - Can I use grep to return a string with exactly n matches?

Hello, I looking to use grep to return a string with exactly n matches. I'm building off this: ls -aLl /bin | grep '^.\{9\}x' | tr -s ' ' -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 vi -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 632816 Nov 25 2008 view -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 16008 May 25 2008... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MykC
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep command return word instead of complete line

Hi Is there any way GREP command can return word and not complete line. My file has following data: Hello Everyone I am NitinrajSrivastava Hi Friends Welcome VrajSrivastava I am using grep 'raj' which is returning me complete line.However I want only the word having keyword 'raj'. Required... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

return of grep

Hi, in a script I will do : grep ORA- mylogfile.log If it returns any ORA- (oracle error) I whant to have : echo "subject : RMAN in Error " >> /appli/rap.txt But if no error echo "subject : RMAN OK " >> /appli/rap.txt Can you help me ? The grep return code would it be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep: Return a user message when no hits

I have ASCII files to parse that 48 hours old or more ; I can identify them like so find . -name "FILE*TXT" -mtime +1 -exec ls -ltas '{}' ';' Some files have a list of hardware errors (we test electronic components), some have none. If the file name has no errors, I still want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep to return lines not containing a character

Hello , this is my first topic cause I need your little help:( I got .txt file, and I want to find lines without letter 'a', so im writing: grep "" list.txt (list.txt is the file of course) and i have no idea why it's not working because it shows lines with a. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbqtoss
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line

Hi All, Can you please guide me to search a string in a particular column of file and return the line number of the line where it was found using awk. As an example : abc.txt 7000,john,2,1,0,1,6 7001,elen,2,2,0,1,7 7002,sami,2,3,0,1,6 7003,mike,1,4,0,2,1 8001,nike,1,5,0,1,8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Return line when line below has the string

I have a file with data like this. I want to look for MultiLoad and pull that line and the line above. I cant use the grep -B 1 I dont have that version and cant install on the server. is there a awk or perl that will do it. "CMPGN_RPT_DEV_TT"."text1" (TableId 0029H 5CEEH) bypassed due to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wambli
4 Replies
Locale::Currency(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Currency(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Currency - standard codes for currency identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Currency; $curr = code2currency('usd'); # $curr gets 'US Dollar' $code = currency2code('Euro'); # $code gets 'eur' @codes = all_currency_codes(); @names = all_currency_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Currency" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying currencies and funds, such as those defined in ISO 4217. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 4217 three-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying currencies. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $curr = code2currency('usd','alpha'); $curr = code2currency('usd',LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_CURR_ALPHA This is a set of three-letter (uppercase) codes from ISO 4217 such as EUR for Euro. Two of the codes specified by the standard (XTS which is reserved for testing purposes and XXX which is for transactions where no currency is involved) are omitted. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_CURR_NUMERIC This is the set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 4217. ROUTINES
code2currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) currency2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) currency_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_currency_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_currency_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Currency::rename_currency_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::add_currency_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Currency::delete_currency_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iso.org/iso/support/currency_codes_list-1.htm The ISO 4217 data. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001 Michael Hennecke Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Currency(3pm)