Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing a portion of data in a file Post 302453810 by Klashxx on Thursday 16th of September 2010 12:49:51 PM
Old 09-16-2010
The perl code works for the example provide

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing a portion of a code from a file

Hi everyone, I need to know how to remove a chunk of codes from a file for instance i have couple of lines which are commented out of the file and i need to remove that block. here is the example --#------------------------------------------------------------------ --# File name= ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of a data file with identifier

Hi, I do have a TAB delimted text file with the following format. 1 (- identifier of each group. this text is not present in the file only number) 1 3 4 65 56 WERTF 2 3 4 56 56 GHTYHU 3 3 5 64 23 VMFKLG 2 1 3 4 65 56 DGTEYDH 2 3 4 56 56 FJJJCKC 3 3 5 64 23 FNNNCHD 3 1 3 4 65 56 JDHJDH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to server, pulling data and removing the data

Hi all, I have the following script, but are not too sure about the syntax to complete the script. In essence, the script must connect to a SFTP server at a client site with username and password located in a file on my server. Then change to the appropriate directory. Pull the data to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a portion of data from a very large tab delimited text file

Hi All I wanted to know how to effectively delete some columns in a large tab delimited file. I have a file that contains 5 columns and almost 100,000 rows 3456 f g t t 3456 g h 456 f h 4567 f g h z 345 f g 567 h j k lThis is a very large data file and tab delimited. I need... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing a portion of Data from a text file

Hi All, I need some help to effectively parse out a subset of results from a big results file. Below is an example of the text file. Each block that I need to parse starts with "Output of GENE for sequence file 100.fasta" (next block starts with another number). I have given the portion of... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract portion of data

Hi Gurus, I need some help in extracting some of these information and massage it into the desired output as shown below. I need to extract the last row with the header in below sample which is usually the most recent date, for example: 2012-06-01 142356 mb 519 -219406 mb 1 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Removing portion of file name

Hi , I am getting file name like ABC_DATA_CUSTIOMERS_20120617.dat ABC_DATA_PRODUCTS_20120617.dat Need to convert CUSTIOMERS.dat PRODUCTS.dat Help me how to do this. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: reach_malu
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Scripting : Sort a Portion of a File and not the complete file

Need to sort a portion of a file in a Alphabetical Order. Example : The user adam is not sorted and the user should get sorted. I don't want the complete file to get sorted. Currently All_users.txt contains the following lines. ############## # ARS USERS ############## mike, Mike... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evrurs
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing inline binary data from txt file

I am trying to parse a file but the filehas binary data inline mixed with text fields. I tried the binutils strings function , it get the binary data out but put the char following the binary data in a new line . input file app_id:1936 pgm_num:0 branch:TBNY ord_num:0500012(–QMK) deal_num:0... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tasmac
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving or removing few data from log file in real time

Hi, I have a log file that gets updated every second. Currently the size has grown to 20+ GB. I need to have a command/script, that will try to get the actual size of the file and will remove 50% of the data that are in the log file. I don't mind removing the data as the size has grown to huge... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Souvik Patra
8 Replies
PERLMACOS(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      PERLMACOS(1)

NAME
README.macos - Perl under Mac OS (Classic) SYNOPSIS
This document briefly describes perl under Mac OS (Classic). If you are running perl under Mac OS X, you don't want to be here (unless you are in the Classic environment under Mac OS X). When we say "Mac OS" below, we mean Mac OS 7, 8, and 9, and not Mac OS X. DESCRIPTION
The latest perl source itself builds on Mac OS, with some additional pieces. Support for Mac OS is now in the perl core, and MacPerl is kept in close sync with regular perl releases. To build perl for Mac OS (as an MPW tool), you will need the addition of the macos subdirectory, distributed separately. It includes extra source files, config files, and make files. It also includes extra Mac-specific modules. To build the MacPerl application, you will also need the macperl directory, which includes the source files for creating the application itself. All of this is available from the development site, via HTTP (in the MacPerl Installer, which includes all the source and binaries) and anonymous CVS. http://dev.macperl.org/ The source is also in the main perl repository in the macperl branch (the 5.6 source is in the maint-5.6/macperl branch). You will also need compilers and libraries, all of them freely available. These are linked to from the SourceForge site. Go that site for all things having to do with MacPerl development. MacPerl 5.6.1 and later are supported on Mac OS 8.1 and later, for 68040 and PowerPC architectures. The MPW tool may be used on Mac OS 7.5.5 and 68030 computers. MacPerl 5.2.0r4 is also available, on the CPAN and on SourceForge. It is based on perl 5.004, and works with Mac OS 7.5.5 and 68030 com- puters. AUTHOR
perl was ported to Mac OS by Matthias Neeracher <neeracher@mac.com>. It is currently maintained by Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>. DATE
Last modified 2002.05.02. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLMACOS(1)