Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding disk information
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Finding disk information Post 302453446 by mark54g on Wednesday 15th of September 2010 09:16:22 AM
Old 09-15-2010
Do you mean mapped as in a network drive or mapped as in from FC or ISCSI?

Try to use the command:
Code:
mount

by itself

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hard disk information in AIX

Hi, Other than df -k, is there any command that will tell me all physical hard drives installed on the system as well as the size of each one? I'm using AIX 5.1 Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quickfirststep
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding information about a server

hi can i know how to find out basic information about a server OS version, num of CPU, memory size, SI no. i ran the comman below... uname -a SunOS statsfs07 5.8 Generic_117000-03 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 from this how do i know which version is it in? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

3. Programming

Finding timezone information

how to extract current/existing timezone information ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartik.patel
2 Replies

4. AIX

Want API for finding HDA information

Hi all, I am finding api for getting information about physical volumes such as device name, vendor, serial number etc. And I want to do it in C. :( :( please tell me any way out.... If your answer is use IOCTL, which i dont know how to use... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anand Phatak
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting disk information from multiple servers

Hey guyz hw u all doing. I need some help regarding "df -m".I have to check 10 servers thrice a day and have to make a text file.The only problem is I have to log into those 10 servers * 3 =30 times every time .Is there any way ,we can write a script that will automatically run on all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
5 Replies

6. Linux

finding core information in redhat Linux

Hi, I want to know how to find out no of cores in linux. I have given the command more /proc/cpuinfo NOw I want to know what is diffrence between cpu cores and core id? How to find out exact no of cores? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using USERNAME variable for getting disk quota information

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. I am trying to write a script where my professor will log in and the script will give him his quota info with the LOGNAME variables, etc. 2. standard I'm not exactly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchapma1
0 Replies

8. AIX

Finding cpu information on vio client

Hi, I am having single p series blade with Single Physcial CPU with dual core, on that vio server is installed, I have created vio client allocate 0.9 each cpu , now when I am running prtconf command on vio client it is showing "2" no of processor, My query using which command it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

9. AIX

read lv mountpoint information directly from disk

Hello, I need to get the lv mountpoint from the hdisk directly (from vgda i guess) and not from odm or /etc/filesystems I knew the command, but unfortunately I forgot it ;) cheers funksen (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Inconsistent disk information.

On one of the Unix server B.11.31. a disk that has been provisioned from the VMAX, but according to the diskinfo its show coming from clarion. sudo /opt/emc/SYMCLI/bin/symvg sho /dev/vg_<name> Volume Group Name : /dev/vg_<name> Volume Group Type : HP-UX LVM Volume Group State ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
0 Replies
hdio(7I)							  Ioctl Requests							  hdio(7I)

NAME
hdio - SMD and IPI disk control operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/hdio.h> DESCRIPTION
Note - The SMC and IPI drivers have been discontinued. dkio(7I) is now the preferred method for retrieving disk information. The SMD and IPI disk drivers supplied with this release support a set of ioctl(2) requests for diagnostics and bad sector information. Basic to these ioctl() requests are the definitions in <sys/hdio.h>. IOCTLS
HDKIOCGTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() gets specific information from the hard disk. HDKIOCSTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() sets specific information about the hard disk. /* * Used for drive info */ struct hdk_type { ushort_t hdkt_hsect; /* hard sector count (read only) */ ushort_t hdkt_promrev; /* prom revision (read only) */ uchar_t hdkt_drtype; /* drive type (ctlr specific) */ uchar_t hdkt_drstat; /* drive status (ctlr specific, ro) */ }; HDKIOCGBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to get the bad sector map from the disk. HDKIOCSBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to set the bad sector map on the disk. /* * Used for bad sector map */ struct hdk_badmap { caddr_t hdkb_bufaddr; /* address of user's map buffer */ }; HDKIOCGDIAG The argument is a pointer to a hdk_diag structure (described below). This ioctl() gets the most recent command that failed along with the sector and error number from the hard disk. /* * Used for disk diagnostics */ struct hdk_diag { ushort_t hdkd_errcmd; /* most recent command in error */ daddr_t hdkd_errsect; /* most recent sector in error */ uchar_t hdkd_errno; /* most recent error number */ uchar_t hdkd_severe; /* severity of most recent error */ }; SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 2002 hdio(7I)