Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tar files larger than 2GB
Operating Systems AIX Tar files larger than 2GB Post 302453347 by pilotHans on Wednesday 15th of September 2010 03:09:02 AM
Old 09-15-2010
Hi, im no expert in this, but Have u tried to check ur zip version
Code:
gunzip -V

sometimes downloading newer versions might help. just a suggestion

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Use of unzip with content files > 2Gb

I am zipping and downloading zip files from an AS400 using the unzip utility. The files are being downloaded onto a Solaris box. Some of the content files in the zip are larger than 2GB. When using the unzip utility (version 5.32), it complains of 'disk full'. The disk is not full, I still have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tcarlson
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending larger files via ftp

hi all, i am looking for ways to make ftp efficient by tuning the parameters currently, tcp_max_buf is 1 MB tcp_xmit_hiwat is 48 KB say to transmit multiple 2 gb files from unix server to mainframe sys, will increasing the window size or the send buffer size of the current TCP/IP... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cpio - files > 2gb

Hi, Currently a backup script copies compressed files to tape using cpio command (on AIX 5.2). Recently we've had a compressed file which has gone over 2 GB in size resulting in an error while copying this file onto the tape using cpio. Any suggestions on relevant workarounds would be much... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnicky
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

tar 2GB limit

Any idea how to get around this limit? I have a 42GB database backup file (.dmp) taking up disk space because neither tar nor cpio are able to put it onto a tape. I am on a SUN Solaris using SunOS 5.8. I would appreciate whatever help can be provided. Thanks! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SLKRR
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem creating files greater than 2GB

With the C code I am able to create files greater than 2GB if I use the 64 bit compile option -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. There I am using the function fprintf to write into the file. But when I use C++ and ofstream the file is getting truncated when the size grows beyond 2GB. Is there any special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbyjohnz
1 Replies

6. Linux

Compress files >2GB

Hi folks, I'm trying to compress a certain number of files from a cifs mount to a xfs mount, but cannot do it when the total size of the files is bigger than 2GB. Is there any limitation for above 2GB? OS is SLES 64bit The files are maximum 1MB, so there are aprox. 2000 files to compress... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavix
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tar command to explore multiple layers of tar and tar.gz files

Hi all, I have a tar file and inside that tar file is a folder with additional tar.gz files. What I want to do is look inside the first tar file and then find the second tar file I'm looking for, look inside that tar.gz file to find a certain directory. I'm encountering issues by trying to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using UNIX Commands with Larger number of Files

Hello Unix Gurus, I am new to Unix so need some help on this. I am using the following commands: 1) mv -f Inputpath/*. outputpath 2) cp Inputpath/*. outputpath 3) rm -rf somepath/* 4) Find Inputpath/*. Now I get the following error with... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backingup larger files with TAR command

I need to backup my database but the files are very large and the TAR command will not let me. I searched aids and found that I could do something with the mknod, COMPRESS and TAR command using them together. I appreciate your help. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frizcala
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need to select files larger than 500Mb from servers

I need help modifying these two scripts to do the following: - print files in (MB) instead of (KB) - only select files larger than 500MB -> these will be mailed out daily - Select all files regardless of size all in (MB) -> these will be mailed out once a week this is what i have so far and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donpasscal
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)