Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Change Log Repair Action without using diag? Post 302452951 by aixlover on Monday 13th of September 2010 02:05:53 PM
Old 09-13-2010
Change Log Repair Action without using diag?

Hi Gurus,

I want to change Log Repair Action remotely, or in a script. In these cases, the dial menu can not be used. Is there any command to do the job?

Thank you in advance!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sun Hardware Diag Tools

Problem: Several possible cooked Sun U10's. Need: Sun Hardware Diag Tools. I want to pound on these boxes and see whats what. I am wondering where I could find some Diag tools that will help me diag problems. Freeware is preferred. (The magic budget of $0) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edkung
7 Replies

2. HP-UX

user diag ??

if user diag is removed with a -r will it delete usr/mds ? and if so will this prevent a system from booting? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Brian (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: breigner
1 Replies

3. AIX

Error Message during Diag

I received an error during a reboot, I ran the in shell Diag's and got this message. service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause or Cause(s): 21F00002: Refer to the Error Code to FRU Index in the system service guide. 100% P2-Z1-A4.0 The problem is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
1 Replies

4. AIX

diag report

Hello Everybody, we have a System Model: IBM,7017-S7A running AIX 4.3 Processor Type: PowerPC_RS64-II Number Of Processors: 4 I found while running "diag" the following errors. The Service Request Number(s)/Probable Cause(s) (causes are listed in descending order of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
3 Replies

5. AIX

How to determine if there is a Power Problem using DIAG command?

Hi guys can someone show me on how to use DIAG command in determining if there is really a power problem aside from errpt report? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sky_lark02
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, sed or similar log repair help

I have a log file that for some reason, once or two time a month, line foods are missing. This log is generated from vmstat everyminute. I dont know why sometimes it does this. Each line in the log should have 18 columns separated by one or more spaces. Good Log: (not actual log) 1 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to perform action on newest line in log using tail?

I don't quite know what I'm doing, so this simple script is proving a challenge. Here is some pseudo code that doesn't work yet: if tail -1 "WORKING.txt" >/dev/null | egrep "^NMBR=*" > /dev/null then curl -k 'http://www.myserver.com/log.cgi?input=$?' echo "hi there" fi Purpose:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dihewidd
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to repair DNS

I am using Mac OS X and my server keeps crashing every several hours or so. I have checked the log file at /var/log/system.log and the entries closest to the crash read Mar 15 22:27:23 server servermgrd: servermgr_dns: no name available via DNS for 192.168.84.21 Mar 15 22:27:23 server... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
4 Replies
dialups(4)							   File Formats 							dialups(4)

NAME
dialups - list of terminal devices requiring a dial-up password SYNOPSIS
/etc/dialups DESCRIPTION
dialups is an ASCII file which contains a list of terminal devices that require a dial-up password. A dial-up password is an additional password required of users who access the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The correct password must be entered before the user is granted access to the computer. The set of ports that require a dial-up password are listed in the dialups file. Each entry in the dialups file is a single line of the form: terminal-device where terminal-device The full path name of the terminal device that will require a dial-up password for users accessing the computer through a modem or dial-up port. The dialups file should be owned by the root user and the root group. The file should have read and write permissions for the owner (root) only. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample dialups file. Here is a sample dialups file: /dev/term/a /dev/term/b /dev/term/c FILES
/etc/d_passwd dial-up password file /etc/dialups list of dial-up ports requiring dial-up passwords SEE ALSO
d_passwd(4) SunOS 5.10 4 May 1994 dialups(4)