Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk and sed problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk and sed problem Post 302452928 by scripter12 on Monday 13th of September 2010 12:18:37 PM
Old 09-13-2010
@Franklin & Tyler,

Thanks for the reply.
Still it is hard coding in the script giving the header names directly. If that the case then my lines were working fine.

But i want a generic one which puts a comma between the header names i.e the first line of any csv file.
I just want to put a comma in column1, column2 and column3.
I had to generate 10 csv files and may be there can be more than three columns. So hard coding is not the option for me...

Thanks

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed/awk String problem

I would appreciate it if any one can guide me in using awk perhaps sed in extracting some values from a long string. here is an example. .......some lines here........ ........ aaaa bbbb cccc ddddd eeeee fffff gggg (time:hhhh)........ ......some lines here also.......... How can I extract... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk & sed problem

Hello, I am new to shell scripting. I want to optimize my one of the script. I have one file and i want to remove selected zones for domains from that file.In this file i have almost 3500 zones for domains.Sample data for the file.... named.backup... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk,sed or cut problem

Good afternoon, Sir's, I would like to seek your assistance regarding on this matter. $cat file1 111 aaaa bbb aass aaa files file1 temp temp1 pix 222 11 22 1 33 44 desired output: aaaa bbb aass files file1 temp1 222 11 22 1 33 44 thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk...sed problem

Hi guys, I am tryingto delete or ignore columns in a large dataset using 'sed'. For example, I have the following dataset: - 20060714,X.XX,1,043004,Q,T,24.0000,1,25.5000,4, 20060714,X.XX,1,081209,Q,T,24.0000,1,25.5000,5, As you can see, there are 10 columns here and the table that I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aarif
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem facing with sed and awk

Hi All, I have a got a problem .. I have t files as below: 1.txt contains ----- ----- ----- column 1, "cat", column 24, "dog", column 100, "rat", ----- ----- ----- 2.sh should contain ----- ----- ----- awk 'BEGIN { printf ("%1s","cat")}' (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
19 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another parsing line awk or sed problem

Hi, After looking on different forums, I'm still in trouble to parse a parameters line received in KSH. $* is equal to "/AAA:111 /BBB:222 /CCC:333 /DDD:444" I would like to parse it and be able to access anyone from his name in my KSH after. like echo myArray => display 111 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RickTrader
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed problem

I have a bunch of files I need to change a letter to another letter only in the first column of a space delimited file. The problem is that after the first column, there's comments and such that cause problems with awk. Here's what my data looks like: 16a28.0a27.0a26.0a25.0a24.67.255.200... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: supradave
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some problem with awk or sed in if conditions

#set -x path=`pwd` while read line do dd=`echo $line|awk -F"," '{print $1}'|awk -F"/" '{print $2}'` if then mm=`echo $line|awk -F"," '{print $1}'|awk -F"/" '{print $1}'` yy=`echo $line|awk -F"," '{print $1}'|awk -F"/" '{print $3}'` var=`echo $line|awk -F"," '{print $2}'` var1=`echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with output awk and sed

I have file, i am extracting email address from file. but problem is that output is very ugly. I am using this command REMOVED "CSS OFFENDING CODE"... While original filename have no such character. Please suggest. (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk script problem

Hi All I am having a file as shown below File1# modyle 1 { test jsj hhsjh 13e3 jsjjs } memP(dbg_trace) { ajjs jsjs jsjs Test(claer) { jsjs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
7 Replies
XtMenuPopdown() 														   XtMenuPopdown()

Name
  XtMenuPopdown - built-in action for popping down a widget.

Synopsis (Translation Table)
  <Event sequence>: XtMenuPopdown([shell])

Inputs
  shell     An optional argument which specifies the name of the shell to pop down.

Availability
  This action is named MenuPopdown prior to Release 4.

Description
  XtMenuPopdown  is a predefined action procedure which does not have a corresponding public C routine.  It can only be invoked from a trans-
  lation table.  If passed an argument, that argument is interpreted as a shell name, and XtMenuPopdown tries to  find	the  named  shell  by
  looking up the widget tree starting at the parent of the widget in which it is invoked.  If it finds a shell with the specified name in the
  popup children of that parent, it pops down the shell by calling XtPopdown(); otherwise, it moves  up  the  parent  chain  as  needed.   If
  XtMenuPopdown  gets  to the application top-level shell widget and cannot find a matching shell, it generates a warning and returns immedi-
  ately.  If XtMenuPopdown is called with no argument, it calls XtPopdown() on the widget for which the translation is specified.

Usage
  Note that XtMenuPopdown is an action procedure; you cannot call it from C code.

The action name MenuPopdown is a synonym for XtMenuPopdown.  Either action can be used to pop down menus or other popup shells.

Popup shells can also be popped down by calling XtPopdown() explicitly, or by using the predefined callback procedure XtCallbackPopdown().

The action XtMenuPopup can be used to pop up a spring-loaded popup from a translation table.

See Also
  XtCallbackPopdown(1), XtMenuPopup(1), XtPopDown(1), XtPopup(1), XtPopupSpringLoaded(1).

Xt - Pop Ups															   XtMenuPopdown()