Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep from a starting line till the end of the file Post 302452845 by Mr. Zer0 on Monday 13th of September 2010 08:12:50 AM
Old 09-13-2010
sorry ya it is just printing from line 6 onwards. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print starting 3rd line until end of the file.

Hi, I want to Print starting 3rd line until end of the file. Pls let me know the command. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smc3
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent! Sed/Awk Filter Find Pattern Delete Till End Of Line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subsitute from a position till end of line.

Hi, Having a following file's content, lets say: ABC|ANA|LDJ|||||DKD|||||| AJJ|KKDD||KKDK|||||||||||| KKD||KD|||LLLD||||LLD||||| Problem: Need to replace pipes from 8th occurrence of pipe till end. so the result should be: ABC|ANA|LDJ|||||DKD AJJ|KKDD||KKDK|||| ------- ------- ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Noprofi
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line starting from space till end.

Hi, I have a code tag, from which i have the below snippet: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=ODBC> intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=SYBASE> I want the output like: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB intelrpt.GetCMB_FB That is remove the lines starting from WHITESPACE till end. Please help. I am new to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut line from file till the end

Hi I have a 57 line text file and I want to cut first 6 line assigned it to a veriable and again cut next 6 line assigned to same variable till the time file have left 0 line. Please let me know how I can do in scripting. Thanks Sanjay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay2121
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep file starting from pattern matching line

I have a file with a list of references towards the end and want to apply a grep for some string. text .... @unnumbered References @sp 1 @paragraphindent 0 2017. @strong{Chalenski, D.A.}; Wang, K.; Tatanova, Maria; Lopez, Jorge L.; Hatchell, P.; Dutta, P.; @strong{Small airgun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file starting from a specific time to the end of file

I have a log file which have a date and time at the start of every line. I need to search the log file starting from a specific time to the end of file. For example: Starting point: July 29 2018 21:00:00 End point : end of file My concern is what if the pattern of `July 29 2018 21:00:00`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
3 Replies
COL(1)							      General Commands Manual							    COL(1)

NAME
col - filter reverse line feeds SYNOPSIS
col [ -bfh ] DESCRIPTION
Col reads the standard input and writes the standard output. It performs the line overlays implied by reverse line feeds (ESC-7 in ASCII) and by forward and reverse half line feeds (ESC-9 and ESC-8). Col is particularly useful for filtering multicolumn output made with the `.rt' command of nroff and output resulting from use of the tbl(1) preprocessor. Although col accepts half line motions in its input, it normally does not emit them on output. Instead, text that would appear between lines is moved to the next lower full line boundary. This treatment can be suppressed by the -f (fine) option; in this case the output from col may contain forward half line feeds (ESC-9), but will still never contain either kind of reverse line motion. If the -b option is given, col assumes that the output device in use is not capable of backspacing. In this case, if several characters are to appear in the same place, only the last one read will be taken. The control characters SO (ASCII code 017), and SI (016) are assumed to start and end text in an alternate character set. The character set (primary or alternate) associated with each printing character read is remembered; on output, SO and SI characters are generated where necessary to maintain the correct treatment of each character. If the -h option is given, col converts white space to tabs to shorten printing time. All control characters are removed from the input except space, backspace, tab, return, newline, ESC (033) followed by one of 7, 8, 9, SI, SO, and VT (013). This last character is an alternate form of full reverse line feed, for compatibility with some other hardware conven- tions. All other non-printing characters are ignored. SEE ALSO
troff(1), tbl(1) BUGS
Can't back up more than 128 lines. No more than 800 characters, including backspaces, on a line. 7th Edition May 16, 1986 COL(1)