Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed XML Field Extraction Post 302452802 by pravin27 on Monday 13th of September 2010 06:02:43 AM
Old 09-13-2010
Code:
perl -nle 'if (/<ns1:providerError(Code|Text)>(.+?)<\/ns1:providerError(Code|Text)>/) {print $_;}' dealerlistservice_Log[1-5]_2010*.log.gz

Should be space between end of code and filename. and first unzip the file and try the code

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extraction when space is a field delimiter

I have more than 1000 files to parse. Each file contains few lines (number of lines varies) followed by a header line having all column's name (SPOT, NAME etc) and then values for those columns. **Example File: sdgafh dfhaadfha sfgaf dhah jkthdj SPOT NAME GENE_NAME CH_MEAN CHDN_MED ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

data extraction from xml file

I have an of xml file as shown below <?xml version='1.0' encoding='ASCII' standalone='yes' ?> <Station Index="10264" > <Number Value="237895890" /> <Position Lat="-29.5" Lon="3.5" /> <MaxDepth Value="-4939" /> <VeloLines Count="24"> <VeloLine Index="0" > <Depth... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi792
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get a field from an XML?

We have an input XML of the following form <item> <account>1234</account> <id>345</id> </item> How do we get the value of <account> tag (1234) using UNIX ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jassz
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing using nawk help needed

i need one help, below is one more xml file with diff pattern i tried it but dint get it , iam sure its a peice of cake for you guys. <xn:MeContext id="LSVLKY001"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <un:RncFunction id="1"> <un:UtranCell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to get a particular field from xml file?

i have a xml file and in that input file path is given. how to fetch that input file path using shell script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression needed for the xml

I would like to match the regular below xml snippet by using the following grep command. I want match the lines as well could some please help me .. grep -il "<tokenValue>.*.</tokenValue>\n...*.amey.*.</userName>" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ameyrk
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction from .xml file

Hello, I'm attempting to extract 13 digit numbers beginning with 978 from a data file with the following command: awk '{ for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) if($i ~ /^978/) print $i; }' datafile > outfile This typically works. However, the new data file is an .xml file, and this command is no longer working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML tag value extraction based on matching condition

sample xml file part <DocumentMinorVersion>0</DocumentMinorVersion> <DocumentVersion>1</DocumentVersion> <EffectiveDate>2017-05-30T00:00:00Z</EffectiveDate> <FollowOnFrom> <ContractRequest _LoadId="export_AJ6iAFoh6g0rE9"> <_LocalId>CRW2218451</_LocalId> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paul1234
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with XML tag value extraction based on condition

sample xml file part <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><ContractWorkspace xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" _LoadId="export_AJ6iAFmh+pQHq1" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="ContractWorkspace.xsd"> <_LocalId>CW2218471</_LocalId> <Active>true</Active> ... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with tag value extraction from xml file based on a matching condition

Hi , I have a situation where I need to search an xml file for the presence of a tag <FollowOnFrom> and also , presence of partial part of the following tag <ContractRequest _LoadId and if these 2 exist ,then extract the value from the following tag <_LocalId> which is "CW2094139". There... (2 Replies)
2 Replies
GZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 GZGREP(1)

NAME
gzgrep, gzegrep, gzfgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
gzgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
gzgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If gzgrep is invoked as gzegrep or gzfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, gzgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep gzgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; gzgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), gzdiff(1), gzmore(1), gznew(1), gzforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgzip | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gzip is available in the SUNWgzipS package. GZGREP(1)