Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Playing wav-file sounds.
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Playing wav-file sounds. Post 302452674 by Corona688 on Sunday 12th of September 2010 01:26:55 PM
Old 09-12-2010
You could try mplayer, which is a bit larger than sox ( Smilie ) but supports seeking and quit from console via keyboard.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are there sounds in Mandrake

First of sll, i wan to apologize to all of the admin. or peoples who are noticing all of my posts today, Im at school and i really have nothing else to do, im in strudy hall and my teacher wont let me check my email, but any ways, i just remembered that I don't have any sounds in Mandrake like i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LolapaloL
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insane question : Playing mp3 file from Sun Sparc

hi, i know this is crazy. but i can do this from linux in intel platform. just wonder can my Sun Solaris 8 sparc can do the same thing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete original wav file if lame was successful encoding.

In a bash script: src=”cooltrack.wav” dst=”cooltrack.mp3” lame $src $dst I would like to add some line that would delete the source wav file like: rm $src but I would like this only if the encoding was successful. What should I include before deleting the original to check that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aia
2 Replies

4. Solaris

converting midi to wav in solaris 10

how can i convert midi to wave in solaris 10 i have found timidity but it lack of documentation. is there any other suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: conandor
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Loud Sounds can slow down disk I/O

Amazing but true... tDacjrSCeq4 More details: Unusual disk latency : Brendan Gregg Now I know why everything takes longer when I crank up the tunes. :eek: Oh well, it's nothing that a good set of headphones can't cure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
1 Replies

6. Programming

PLaying a sound file with SDL - C++

How do I play a sound file with SDL? I've downloaded the library files but SDL/SDL_mixer.h (that most of the tutorials include) doesn't exist. So, how do I install it? As I said mixer.h doesn't exist but, If it is helpful, the default code is this: #include "stdlib.h" #include "SDL/SDL.h"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to create empty wav file

Dear All, Kindly explain me a command in unix to create a empty wav file with example. Thanks in Advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
1 Replies
UNICODE_START(1)					      General Commands Manual						  UNICODE_START(1)

NAME
unicode_start - put keyboard and console in unicode mode SYNOPSIS
unicode_start [font [umap]] DESCRIPTION
The unicode_start command will put the keyboard and console into Unicode (UTF-8) mode. For the keyboard this means that one can attach 16-bit U+xxxx values to keyboard keys using loadkeys(1), and have these appear as UTF-8 input to user programs. Also, that one can type hexadecimal Alt-xxxx using the numeric keypad, and again produce UTF-8. For the console this means that the kernel expects UTF-8 output from user programs, and displays the output accordingly. The parameter font is a font that is loaded. It should have a built-in Unicode map, or, if it hasn't, such a map can be given explicitly as second parameter. When no font was specified, the current font is kept. NOTE
Unicode mode is a parameter with a value per virtual console. However, usually the font and keymap is common to all consoles. SEE ALSO
dumpkeys(1), kbd_mode(1), loadkeys(1), unicode_stop(1), utf-8(7), setfont(8) 3 Feb 2001 UNICODE_START(1)