Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Scripting advice needed
Operating Systems Linux Scripting advice needed Post 302452671 by bartus11 on Sunday 12th of September 2010 01:18:26 PM
Old 09-12-2010
Code:
#!/bin/bash
ls -t /some_dir | awk 'NR<4' | xargs chmod 000
echo "Do you want to continue? [Y/N]"
read -n1 key
if [ $key != "Y" ]; then
  exit
fi
ls -t /some_dir | awk 'NR<4' | xargs -i cp {} /some_other_dir

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

programming advice needed....

i'm a grad student taking a UNIX course and a networks course (i have a background in C++ and JAVA). i'm trying to combine the two classes. My questions stems from a networks programming homework assignment below: "Using the operating system and language of your choice, develop a program to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trostycp
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Using San storage - advice needed

Thinking of using our San for network backups.. Have a Netra 240 being installed and planning to get some space on our San. Do you know what software is used to access the San from my server or what I would need to do? I know how to connect to local storage, disk arrays etc but not sure what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

3. Linux

GUI builder advice needed ......

Hello all, I need to develop an application that would be used as a simulator to test various custom algorithms. As I have never embarked on this kind of work, I need some advice: 1. Which GUI library to use in Linux, GTK+ or FLTK? The simulator application needs to output various... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fox_hound_33
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

LVM resizing advice needed

Hi I have a CentOS 5 server with LVM. / and /home are low on disk space. I have ~12Gb available on /usr I plan to resize /usr and add the available space to the other 2 partitions. Please advice me on any precautions I need to take. Any problem if you have faced doing similar stuff and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yunusyb
0 Replies

5. Programming

urgent advice needed - gcc

what does the statement : static char a = "a"; store in the executable image. ?? I need to make a command line parameter exist AFTER the program finishes execution.. so that when i run the code next time ( without recompiling ).. i can work with the paramter.. for example: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.k.aFireknight
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'for' loop advice needed ....!!

/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | grep "inet" | grep -v "inet6" | grep -v "127.0.0.1" | grep -v "0.0.0.0"|grep -v "192.168.100.2" | awk '{print $2}' I use above command to get IP addresses on AIX boxes.Values coming here are set to a variable "Host IPs.IP Addresses" in my fingerprinting engine. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

'for' loop advice needed....!!

Scenario: Command used to capture IPs on a host: /usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | grep "inet" | egrep -v "inet6|0.0.0.0|192.168.100.2" | awk '{print $2}' Following for loop used to capture interface names: for INTERFACE in `/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | nawk '$1 ~ /:$/ && $1 {sub(":$", "", $1); print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX advice needed desperately :/

Firstly I do need to state that I am turning here as a last resort. Im in my first year of a Computer Networking and technical support course, and as a first year I must complete a Introductory Unix/Linux class. I have been doing well in the course so far however I have been stumped on the final... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: setaylor5
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with ACL's (Help/Advice Needed)

Hi Experts,,, Need your help/advice on how to fix this I have 2 users under same group (primary group) and i want to give 777 permissions on a directory to one dir owned by user1 when granted i can see than from getfacl but when i actually login as user2 i can touch a file . ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddyfreaks1
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris Study Advice Needed

I just have a question regarding learning Solaris, I have a Linux and AIX background and I would like to learn Solaris, I have been giving some Solaris 10 Study Guides and just wondered how relevant they would be to Solaris 11 or should I try and get some study materials which are targeted towards... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markmorris182mx
1 Replies
CODE_SATURNE(1) 					       Code_Saturne commands						   CODE_SATURNE(1)

NAME
code_saturne - Main user script of Code_Saturne. SYNOPSIS
code_saturne [-h|--help] <command> DESCRIPTION
The code_saturne script is the main user script of Code_Saturne. OPTIONS
-h, --help Help message. COMMANDS
Further information will be obtain with code_saturne <command> --help check_consistency The code_saturne check_consistency command checks the consistency between the user files and the Xml file (from the Graphical User Interface) provided by the user and, if needed, that the chosen options are compatible with parallel calculations. Lastly, it prints the chosen specific physics. check_mesh The code_saturne check_mesh command verify the quality of a given mesh. The following options will be passed to Code_Saturne pre- processor. compile The code_saturne compile command can be used to generate the cs_solver executable needed for running a Code_Saturne study. create The code_saturne create command sets up a directory structure for a Code_Saturne study or case. The different directories created are MESH for meshes, POST for user post-processing and a case directory (or several) containing a DATA, SRC (to store user files), RESU (to store results) and SCRIPTS directory. info The code_saturne info command is a wrapper for an easier look at Code_Saturne documentation. SEE ALSO
cs_io_dump(1), cs_partition(1), cs_preprocess(1), cs_solver(1) 2009-10-27 CODE_SATURNE(1)