Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX wcsftime() on HPUX doesn't work Post 302452622 by itaiy on Sunday 12th of September 2010 03:04:21 AM
Old 09-12-2010
I don't think it matters in my case, but just to make sure I tried it with wchar.h included, and the result was the same.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed doesn't work

Hello I' m confused a bit. I want to replace string "&amp" with "&" using this command. sed 's/&amp/&/g' and it doesn't work. Nothing happens. On the other side this works: sed 's/&amp/@/g' or sed 's/&amp/^/g' !!! Can somebody help please? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

pstat_getdisk() call doesn’t work properly in HPUX 11.31 (11i V3)

As per the man page, pstat_getdisk() call returns the number of instances, which could be 0 upon successful completion, otherwise a value of -1 is returned. Please have a look at this sample program -> #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/pstat.h> int main() { int j = 0, ret; struct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandiworld
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

my make doesn't work

hi I wrote the following makefile, I have just one problem, when i type make clean I get the message make 'clean' is up to date and any obj file is removed from my folder, what's wrong? Thank you CC = cc all: es.o elaboration.o $(CC) -o es es.o elaboration.o elaboration.o:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Puntino
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Can anyone tell me why this doesn't work?

If there exists a field in stdin, print it, otherwise, print hello..... These print nothing: cat /dev/null | awk '{if ( length > 0 ) print $1; else print "hello"}' cat /dev/null | awk '{if ( $1 ) print $1; else print "hello"}'But the scripts work if I run them directly in a terminal: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksheller
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why doesn't this work?

find . -name "05_scripts" -type d -exec mv -f {}/'*.aep\ Logs' {}/.LogFiles \; Returns this failure: mv: rename ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/*.aep\ Logs to ./019_0120_WS_WH_gate_insideTEST/05_scripts/.LogFiles/*.aep\ Logs: No such file or directory I don't know why it's trying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How come this if statement doesn't work?

greetings, the following code isn't working as i expect it to. the first dbl brackets do but the second set gets ignored. ie: if i'm on t70c6n229 it echoes "Something" and i expect it not to. what am i missing? if " ]] || " ]]; then echo "Something" fi thanx! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
9 Replies

9. HP-UX

Sudo doesn't work

I edited sudoers like this:vi /etc/sudoers subex ALL =(root) NOPASSWD: /usr/ccs/bin/pstack But the respective user still is prompted for password, and even when the right password is used, the command is still not launched.$sudo usr/ccs/bin/pstack 26557 We trust you have received the usual... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-ne 0 doesn't work -le does

Hi, I am using korn shell. until ] do echo "\$# = " $# echo "$1" shift done To the above script, I passed 2 parameters and the program control doesn't enter inside "until" loop. If I change it to until ] then it does work. Why numeric comparison is not working with -ne and works... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab_2010
3 Replies
wchar.h(3HEAD)							      Headers							    wchar.h(3HEAD)

NAME
wchar.h, wchar - wide-character handling SYNOPSIS
#include <wchar.h> DESCRIPTION
The <wchar.h> header defines the following types: wchar_t As described in <stddef.h>. wint_t An integer type capable of storing any valid value of wchar_t or WEOF. wctype_t A scalar type of a data object that can hold values which represent locale-specific character classification. mbstate_t An object type other than an array type that can hold the conversion state information necessary to convert between sequences of (possibly multi-byte) characters and wide characters. If a codeset is being used such that an mbstate_t needs to preserve more than two levels of reserved state, the results are unspecified. FILE As described in <stdio.h>. size_t As described in <stddef.h>. va_list As described in <stdarg.h>. The implementation supports one or more programming environments in which the width of wint_t is no greater than the width of type long. The names of these programming environments can be obtained using the confstr(3C) function or the getconf(1) utility. The <wchar.h> header defines the following macros: WCHAR_MAX The maximum value representable by an object of type wchar_t. WCHAR_MIN The minimum value representable by an object of type wchar_t. WEOF Constant expression of type wint_t that is returned by several WP functions to indicate end-of-file. NULL As described in <stddef.h>. The tag tm is declared as naming an incomplete structure type, the contents of which are described in the header <time.h>. Inclusion of the <wchar.h> header can make visible all symbols from the headers <ctype.h>, <string.h>, <stdarg.h>, <stddef.h>, <stdio.h>, <stdlib.h>, and <time.h>. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getconf(1), btowc(3C), confstr(3C), fgetwc(3C), getws(3C), fputwc(3C), fputws(3C), fwide(3C), fwprintf(3C), fwscanf(3C), getwc(3C), getwchar(3C), iswalpha(3C), iswctype(3C), mbsinit(3C), mbrlen(3C), mbrtowc(3C), mbsrtowcs(3C), towlower(3C), towupper(3C), ungetwc(3C), vfwprintf(3C), wcrtomb(3C), wcsrtombs(3C), wcstring(3C), wcsstr(3C), wcstod(3C), wcscoll(3C), wcsftime(3C), wcstol(3C), wcstoul(3C), wcswidth(3C), wcsxfrm(3C), wctob(3C), wctype(3C), wcwidth(3C), wmemchr(3C), wmemcmp(3C), wmemcpy(3C), wmemmove(3C), wmemset(3C), stdarg(3EXT), stddef.h(3HEAD), stdio.h(3HEAD), stdlib.h(3HEAD), string.h(3HEAD), time.h(3HEAD), wctype.h(3HEAD), attributes(5), stan- dards(5) SunOS 5.10 10 Sep 2004 wchar.h(3HEAD)