Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting simulate linux shell using script Post 302452442 by Corona688 on Friday 10th of September 2010 11:35:14 AM
Old 09-10-2010
Note that eval isn't really limited, so if this is supposed to be any sort of secure or restricted shell, not a good idea. Not too hard to devise a way to do anything up to the limits of the login's permissions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

2. Linux

Script to simulate hanging process

I want to create a script to simulate a process that hangs to test a java application. My java app executes a system command, which can also be executing scripts, etc. Any ideas on such a script? The java code is: Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process p = rt.exec("sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate session.getMaxInactiveInterval() in bash script

hi everyone, I have a question about the java object oriented function which to simulate in bash script... here is the function "session.getMaxInactiveInterval() / 60 " got any web can read this function? coz i need to simulate to bash script... Hope someone give me a suggestion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
0 Replies

5. Programming

Does anybody know how to simulate press Fn+Scroll Lk in Linux c

Does anybody know how to simulate press Fn+Scroll Lk in Linux c? Thanks in advance! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuyan03
10 Replies

6. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Do I Simulate a Shell Terminal via PHP?

----------- Summary ----------- I need a command/set of commands that can help me simulate a shell terminal via a PHP web page using commandline functions. How can I combine the power of nohup and a while loop to: start the shell, execute commands and print output (and errors i.e. 2>&1)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blogmaster
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Linux

Hello, Please, how can I complete this script: Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate ''Esc'' keystroke in a bash shel script?

I am using Ubuntu 12.4 I am running the following script: ++++++++ #!/bin/bash while ; do xdotool mousemove 248 539 click 1 & sleep 3 done +++++++++ This moves the mouse on the specified position on the screen and clicks that pauses the script for 3 seconds and repeats the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfarnume
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget script to simulate real user visits

so i'm using the following script to attempt to simulate a user visiting a page but unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is working: wget -nv -r "http://www.mywebsite.com" does anyone have a better idea of how to do this? the goal here is to run a wget command from a linux host to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)