Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting simulate linux shell using script Post 302452440 by bartus11 on Friday 10th of September 2010 11:23:28 AM
Old 09-10-2010
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
while [ "$whichcmd" != end ]
     do
     read whichcmd?"Enter Command: "
     eval $whichcmd
     done
     whichcmd=0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

2. Linux

Script to simulate hanging process

I want to create a script to simulate a process that hangs to test a java application. My java app executes a system command, which can also be executing scripts, etc. Any ideas on such a script? The java code is: Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime(); Process p = rt.exec("sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Script to Use CPUs on a HPUX server to simulate Workload Manager on HPUX.

I am running HPUX and using WLM (workload manager). I want to write a script to fork CPUs to basically take CPUs from other servers to show that the communication is working and CPU licensing is working. Basically, I want to build a script that will use up CPU on a server. Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simulate session.getMaxInactiveInterval() in bash script

hi everyone, I have a question about the java object oriented function which to simulate in bash script... here is the function "session.getMaxInactiveInterval() / 60 " got any web can read this function? coz i need to simulate to bash script... Hope someone give me a suggestion... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanW
0 Replies

5. Programming

Does anybody know how to simulate press Fn+Scroll Lk in Linux c

Does anybody know how to simulate press Fn+Scroll Lk in Linux c? Thanks in advance! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuyan03
10 Replies

6. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Do I Simulate a Shell Terminal via PHP?

----------- Summary ----------- I need a command/set of commands that can help me simulate a shell terminal via a PHP web page using commandline functions. How can I combine the power of nohup and a while loop to: start the shell, execute commands and print output (and errors i.e. 2>&1)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: blogmaster
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Linux

Hello, Please, how can I complete this script: Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to simulate ''Esc'' keystroke in a bash shel script?

I am using Ubuntu 12.4 I am running the following script: ++++++++ #!/bin/bash while ; do xdotool mousemove 248 539 click 1 & sleep 3 done +++++++++ This moves the mouse on the specified position on the screen and clicks that pauses the script for 3 seconds and repeats the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfarnume
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget script to simulate real user visits

so i'm using the following script to attempt to simulate a user visiting a page but unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is working: wget -nv -r "http://www.mywebsite.com" does anyone have a better idea of how to do this? the goal here is to run a wget command from a linux host to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)