Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Minor (I hope!) Crisis - E450 will not power up Post 302452343 by hergp on Friday 10th of September 2010 04:25:10 AM
Old 09-10-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lou
Will the machine get through its POST, and to a boot prompt, with no CPUs, no DC power modules, or memory?
How shall the POST be executed then, with no CPUs and no power? Smilie

On a 280R I had a similar problem. The cause was, that the CPU in slot 0 was defect and obviously prevented the machine from doing anything. I replaced it with the CPU from slot 1 and could get the machine up and running this way.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Raid A1000 with E450 and E250.

Hi, I'm facing problem in connecting a Raid A1000 to E250 and E450. ( Both machines with Solaris 2.6 OS and patched, with different scsi-initiator-ids - 7 & 3 ). BTW, I'm not using this setup to access raid data from both machines simultaneously. There is Veritas Cluster Server monitoring... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shibz
1 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Moving Sun A1000 between E450's

Does anyone know what steps I have to follow to move an A1000 between two E450's. Im running solaris 2.6 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MBGPS
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Changing IPs on E450

Hi, I'm working with an E450 server and it has one network card configured with 2 local and internet IP addresses. Presently, the local IP is set as the primary address while teh Internet IP is set as the secondary address. I wish to change this and make the local IP secondary and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ronny
2 Replies

4. Solaris

E450 CPU temperature 80 degree F

Hi all, We are getting CPU warning temeratures sometimes and our server is shutdown at 80 degree F. We notice our server room temperature at 18 degree celcius . Our we have already cleaned dust from grills near CPU Fan . CPU fans are working (moving) . It is our experience that CPU... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Configure second NIC on Sun E450

I wanted to configure a second NIC card on a different IP on my Sun E450 server. Currently, I have hme0. when I ran the command : ifconfig hme1 <ip address> netmask <subnet mask> broadcast + up I got the following error message: ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: hme1: no such interface Any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help : crisis situation !!

Hi I had deleted important files from my company server :( the server is HPUX and i don't know how to undo rm command or how to restore the files .. iam appreciate for any help Thanx ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eisa
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Qlogic HBA card in E450 with errors

I have installed a qlogic HBA card in an E450 Solaris 9 with all the SUNW packages and the latest EPROM version. Configuration reboot was done. An orange light flashes to the right of where the card plugs into the fiber cable after booting, and the following error apprears at the start of the boot... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: floydm
9 Replies
ppmdither(1)						      General Commands Manual						      ppmdither(1)

NAME
ppmdither - ordered dither for color images SYNOPSIS
ppmdither [-dim power] [-red shades] [-green shades] [-blue shades] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input, and applies dithering to it to reduce the number of colors used down to the specified number of shades for each primary. The default number of shades is red=5, green=9, blue=5, for a total of 225 colors. To convert the image to a binary rgb format suitable for color printers, use -red 2 -green 2 -blue 2. OPTIONS
-dim power The size of the dithering matrix. The dithering matrix is a square whose dimension is a power of 2. power is that power of 2. The default is 4, for a 16 by 16 matrix. -red shades The number of red shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. -green shades The number of green shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. -blue shades The number of blue shades to be used, including black; minimum of 2. SEE ALSO
pnmdepth(1), ppmquant(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Christos Zoulas. 14 July 1991 ppmdither(1)