Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: JAVA AES keylength exception
Top Forums Programming JAVA AES keylength exception Post 302452098 by ilikecows on Thursday 9th of September 2010 06:55:10 AM
Old 09-09-2010
JAVA AES keylength exception

I am developing a JAVA application that must encrypt its data. On my development machine, I can use a 256 bit key with no problem. A test machine throws an exception complaining about an illegal key length. The test machine is using JRE 1.6u21. Does anyone know where I can get a version of the JRE that supports the 256 bit keys?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

encrypting file system using AES 256 bit

Experts, I am trying to encrypt my filesystem using the AES 256 bit type of encryption. I am using FreeBSD 5.4 and need to encrypt one of the mounted points. Does anybody have any good idea of how to do it? Is there any documentation about encrypting the disk partition as this method is more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
2 Replies

2. Programming

Exception Signal 11 while running JAVA code in UNIX

Hi, when i compile my java code in UNIX using javac, the class file is getting created. But when i try to run the code using java - classpath command, i get the following error. ---------------------------------------- /u/up11/sample/request:>java -classpath /u/up11/sample/request... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
0 Replies

3. Programming

AES encryption

Hi, Any body can please point me to source code for implementing AES encryption in CTR mode i.e RFC 3686 (AES-CTR).I did googling but no good results. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor logs for exception and if exception come then sent an email

Hi Folks, please advise , I have logs generated on unix machine at location /ops/opt/aaa/bvg.log , now sometimes there come exception in these logs also, so I want to write such a script such that it should continuously monitor these logs and whenever any exception comes that is it try to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuntun27272727
3 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Is ccrypt AES 256 bit crypto secure enough?

Toucan software uses 256bit AES encryption using ccrypt (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ccrypt) i want to ask if its secure to use this ccrypt encryption for storing .TXT file with my passwords on cloud storage like Google Drive? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
7 Replies

6. Programming

Publish and Subscribe to AES-256 Encrypted MQTT Messages to Node-RED from PHP Scripts

Various Node-Red crypto modules do not work with PHP, so to send an encrypted message from a PHP script (in this case from a Ubuntu server) to Node-RED we need our own code. After a few hours of searching, testing various libs, more testing and debugging, I got this PHP to Node-RED code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
crypt(1)																  crypt(1)

NAME
crypt - encode or decode a file SYNOPSIS
crypt [password] The crypt utility encrypts and decrypts the contents of a file. crypt reads from the standard input and writes on the standard output. The password is a key that selects a particular transformation. If no password is given, crypt demands a key from the terminal and turns off printing while the key is being typed in. crypt encrypts and decrypts with the same key: example% crypt key < clear.file > encrypted.file example% crypt key < encrypted.file | pr prints the contents of clear.file. Files encrypted by crypt are compatible with those treated by the editors ed(1), ex(1), and vi(1) in encryption mode. The security of encrypted files depends on three factors: the fundamental method must be hard to solve; direct search of the key space must be infeasible; "sneak paths" by which keys or cleartext can become visible must be minimized. crypt implements a one-rotor machine designed along the lines of the German Enigma, but with a 256-element rotor. Methods of attack on such machines are widely known, thus crypt provides minimal security. The transformation of a key into the internal settings of the machine is deliberately designed to be expensive, that is, to take a substan- tial fraction of a second to compute. However, if keys are restricted to (say) three lower-case letters, then encrypted files can be read by expending only a substantial fraction of five minutes of machine time. Since the key is an argument to the crypt command, it is potentially visible to users executing ps(1) or a derivative command. To minimize this possibility, crypt takes care to destroy any record of the key immediately upon entry. No doubt the choice of keys and key security are the most vulnerable aspect of crypt. /dev/tty for typed key See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ des(1), ed(1), ex(1), ps(1), vi(1), attributes (5) 8 Mar 2005 crypt(1)