Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help to separate name and email domain Post 302451382 by methyl on Monday 6th of September 2010 05:21:25 PM
Old 09-06-2010
Another way, assuming this is a long list in random order and you want the output in sorted order of domain name.

Code:
awk -F\@ '{print $2}' filename | sort | uniq -c

2 email.com
   1 myemail.com
   1 youremail.com.

The trailing full-stop on the last address may be a typo in the original data.

Last edited by methyl; 09-06-2010 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: show results

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email with attachement-Getting connection refused by domain

Hi all, I am a newbie to unix. I need to send an email with an attachment in unix to some id like abc@some_company.com Code i have used is ------------Code--------------------------- #!/bin/ksh set -x #set -n #cript: unix_mail_withattachments.ksh # Aurthor: Ravin Maharaj #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samuelc
1 Replies

2. Solaris

can't email my own domain

I am not able to send email only to my own domain with sendmail. I am having trouble determining if the problem is name resolution on the box in question, or if the email is getting stopped at the mail relay/spam appliance. I would appreciate any insights into this problem. Could it be the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lscritch
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sending email to different domain

Hi, I am looking for info based on direct experience in using DataStage EE with Unix. A scenario in the client remote desktop I work for company Switch, my client is Master. Notification Activity Stage (IBM Asential Data Stage component) SMTP Mail server name is blank. Sender... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsnaveen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

6. Red Hat

Not able to send an email from a particular domain.

HI Gurus, I have a RHEL (5.5) VM. I am able to send email to a particular domain abc.com but when I am trying to send a different domain(xyz.com) it is not working can you please throw some light on how to start debugging this issue. Thanks in advance. RK (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
0 Replies

7. Solaris

When do you need a separate service/IO domain?

Looking at latest recommendations - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/vm/ovmsparc-best-practices-2334546.pdf - specifically regarding domain roles. At the moment, we just have a physical host, primary control domain and then guest ldoms. We then export things like vdisks,vnet etc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
UNIQ(1) 								FSF								   UNIQ(1)

NAME
uniq - remove duplicate lines from a sorted file SYNOPSIS
uniq [OPTION]... [INPUT [OUTPUT]] DESCRIPTION
Discard all but one of successive identical lines from INPUT (or standard input), writing to OUTPUT (or standard output). Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too. -c, --count prefix lines by the number of occurrences -d, --repeated only print duplicate lines -D, --all-repeated[=delimit-method] print all duplicate lines delimit-method={none(default),prepend,separate} Delimiting is done with blank lines. -f, --skip-fields=N avoid comparing the first N fields -i, --ignore-case ignore differences in case when comparing -s, --skip-chars=N avoid comparing the first N characters -u, --unique only print unique lines -w, --check-chars=N compare no more than N characters in lines --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit A field is a run of whitespace, then non-whitespace characters. Fields are skipped before chars. AUTHOR
Written by Richard Stallman and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for uniq is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and uniq programs are properly installed at your site, the command info uniq should give you access to the complete manual. uniq (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 UNIQ(1)