Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extracting Lines in a file
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Extracting Lines in a file Post 302451325 by zaxxon on Monday 6th of September 2010 11:22:42 AM
Old 09-06-2010
Code:
$> awk '{ print > $1".out"}' infile
$> cat RAM.out
RAM hill station
RAM rose
RAM india
RAM happy
RAM heaven
RAM glow
$> cat SAM.out
SAM student
SAM apple
SAM australia
SAM smile

This User Gave Thanks to zaxxon For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required regarding Extracting lines from a file

I have a file containing the following contents All of us, including Zippy, our dog All of us, including Zippy and Zippy All of us, including Zippy and Zippy and Zelda Testing All of us Zippy Now, i wanna grep and get the lines which has only one occurance of word Zippy and starting with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: google_ever
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting lines from a file

Hi all, I need to extract some lines from a file based on a condition. For ex: My file will contain 50 lines and i need to extract line which has "File" in it and then the line which has "date" in it. Which command will be the most efficient way to do it. I have tried two ways 1.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepthanraj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the lines between 2 strings of a file

Hi, I have a sql file and i need to extract the table names used in the sql file using a unix script. If i can extract the lines between the keywords 'FROM' and 'WHERE' in the file, my job is done. can somebody tell me how to do this using a shell script. If u can just let me know, how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babloo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting unique lines from text file

I have a file with 14million lines and I would like to extract all the unique lines from the file into another text file. For example: Contents of file1 happy sad smile happy funny sad I want to run a command against file one that only returns the unique lines (ie 1 line for happy... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting lines from a file

i want to extract lines 5 and 7 from a txt file which contains nearly 20 entries how to do it also i want to check whether the 42nd character is 'S' in that line suggestions welcome (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting lines in file based on time

Hi, anyone has any ideas on how do we extract lines from a file with format similiar to this: (based on current time) Jun 18 00:16:50 .......... ............. ............ Jun 18 00:17:59 .......... ............. ............ Jun 18 01:17:20 .......... ............. ............ Jun 18... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: faelric
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting specific lines from a file

hi all, i searched in unix.com and accquired the following commands for extracting specific lines from a file .. sed -n '16482,16482p' in.sql > out.sql awk 'NR>=10&&NR<=20' in.sql > out.sql.... these commands are working fine if i give the line numbers as such .. but if i pass a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting lines from a file with similar first name

consider i have two files cat onlyviews1.sql CREATE VIEW V11 AS SELECT id, name, FROM etc etc WHERE etc etc; CREATE VIEW V22 AS SELECT id, name, FROM etc etc WHERE etc etc; CREATE VIEW V33 AS (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting block of lines from a file

consider the input file which i am dealing with looks like this.. #cat 11.sql create table abc ( . . . ) engine=Innodb ; . . etc . . . create table UsM ( blah blah blah ) engine=Innodb ; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies
SAM_INITIALIZE(3)				    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 				 SAM_INITIALIZE(3)

NAME
sam_initialize - Initialize health checking SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/sam.h> cs_error_t sam_initialize (int time_interval, sam_recovery_policy_t recovery_policy); DESCRIPTION
The sam_initialize function is used to initialize health checking of a process. Application can have only one instance of SAM. This function must be called before any other of SAM functions. It is recommended to ini- tialize before the process begins any process initialization. The time_interval parameter is a timeout in milliseconds before taking recovery action after having not received a healthcheck. If time_interval parameter is zero, there is no time limit and no healthcheck must be sent by the process. In this operational mode, a process failure will continue to execute the recovery policy. The recovery_policy is defined as type: typedef enum { SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT = 1, SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART = 2, } sam_recovery_policy_t; where SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_QUIT on failure, the process will terminate. SAM_RECOVERY_POLICY_RESTART on failure, the process will restart. To perform event driven healthchecking, sam_register(3) and sam_start(3) functions must called. Event driven healthchecking causes the duplicate standby process running the SAM serve rto periodically request healthchecks from the active process. RETURN VALUE
This call return CS_OK value if successful, otherwise and error is returned. ERRORS
CS_ERR_BAD_HANDLE can happened in case of double initialization. CS_ERR_INVALID_PARAM recovery_policy has invalid value. SEE ALSO
sam_register(3), sam_start(3), sam_hc_callback_register(3) corosync Man Page 12/01/2009 SAM_INITIALIZE(3)