Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX GPFS file system corrupt issue Post 302451199 by john1212 on Monday 6th of September 2010 04:07:21 AM
Old 09-06-2010
You very lucky man, that have two weeks to repair filesystem.
Retrieve directory from archive.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File system Issue

Hi All, I am working with the Solaris 9. In df -h command / file system size is 9.6 GB , used 7.5 GB and avialble space is 2.1. OK But in du -hd command it is showing some 4.1 GB only. How to find out that remaining 3.4GB. Can you please help me ... Thanks and Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
1 Replies

2. Solaris

root file system issue

Hi, In df -h root file system showing (total size) (used) (free) /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 11G 7.6G 2.8G 73% / but du -hd command showng 5.1 gb used sapce. I am missing 3.00 gb space. Here I have to knoe where is Remaining space... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

3. Solaris

/ file system full issue

Hi All, This is Babu working as a system administrator. Here I am getting one problem with one of my Sun server's root (/) file system. In df -h command / file system showing 7.8 GB used space.But in du -hd command it showing 5.2 gb only. Please can any one help me resolve this issue... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

4. AIX

Backup for GPFS file system

Unix people.. Backup for GPFS file system /dev/gpfs /application I have GPFS file system and I'd like to take backup for that file system to the tape I'm using this command Smitty fs + Backup a File System And I'm take the backup but this is will work if that gfs2 but I'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Recovering from corrupt /etc/system file

Hi I would like to know one thing while recovering from corrupt /etc/system file. For that we have to do at ok> boot -a when system ask for system file we give /dev/null. Could any one tell me what /dev/null value will do in this case. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies

6. AIX

two gpfs in one node issue

dear all can i create two gpfs in one node each gpfs is pointing to single hdiskpower (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to configure new hdisk such that it has a gpfs fs on it and is added to a running gpfs cluster?

Hi, I have a running GPFS cluster. For one every mountpoint that i have created i have one disk assigned to it. That disk is converted to an NSD and is a part of the GPFS Cluster. Now i have a new disk and there is this requirement to add it to the GPFS cluster, such that this becomes an NSD.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue with mounting the file system .

Hi gurus, Need your help , Am facing some issue with one of the ext3 file system.while rebooting it failed to mount fs after running fsck i tried manuall but still no luck.However i made the machine up but am unable to mount file system can some one please help me. root@vm258902]~# cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
2 Replies

10. AIX

GPFS NodeData File problem

Hi Everyone I have configured two node GPFS cluster and it is running fine. But today when I have rebooted one of the node and after starting GPFS one node shows down. on investigating I have checked that mmfsNodeData file is missing from location /var/mmfs/gen/ on one node. I am receiving the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
1 Replies
FSCK_MSDOS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     FSCK_MSDOS(8)

NAME
fsck_msdos -- DOS/Windows (FAT) filesystem consistency checker SYNOPSIS
fsck_msdos -p [-f] filesystem ... fsck_msdos [-fny] [-x snap-backup] filesystem ... DESCRIPTION
The fsck_msdos utility verifies and repairs FAT filesystems (more commonly known as DOS filesystems). The first form of fsck_msdos preens the specified filesystems. It is normally started by fsck(8) run from /etc/rc during automatic reboot, when a FAT filesystem is detected. When preening file systems, fsck_msdos will fix common inconsistencies non-interactively. If more seri- ous problems are found, fsck_msdos does not try to fix them, indicates that it was not successful, and exits. The second form of fsck_msdos checks the specified file systems and tries to repair all detected inconsistencies, requesting confirmation before making any changes. The options are as follows: -f This option is ignored by fsck_msdos, and is present only for compatibility with programs that check other file system types for consistency, such as fsck_ffs(8). -n Causes fsck_msdos to assume no as the answer to all operator questions, except ``CONTINUE?''. -p Preen the specified filesystems. -x snap-backup Use a snapshot with snap-backup as backup to check a read-write mounted filesystem. Must be used with -n. See fss(4) for more details. The point is to check an internally-consistent version of the filesystem to find out if it is damaged; on failure one should unmount the filesystem and repair it. -y Causes fsck_msdos to assume yes as the answer to all operator questions. SEE ALSO
fss(4), fsck(8), fsck_ffs(8), mount_msdos(8) BUGS
fsck_msdos is still under construction. BSD
April 11, 2010 BSD