Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem using function in awk Post 302451075 by durden_tyler on Sunday 5th of September 2010 02:57:38 PM
Old 09-05-2010
Code:
$ 
$ awk '
function rgaussian1(r1, r2)
{      pi = 3.142
      v1 = sqrt( -2 * log(rand()) )
      v2 = 2 * pi * rand()
      r1 = a * sin(b)
      r2 = a * cos(b)
      print r1, r2
}
function rgaussian2(r1, r2)
{
      do {
          v1 = 2 * rand() - 1
          v2 = 2 * rand() - 1
          rsq = v1 * v1 + v2 * v2
      } while (rsq > 1)
      fac = sqrt(-2 * log(rsq) / rsq)
      r1 = v2 * fac
      r2 = v1 * fac
      print r1, r2
}
BEGIN {
  rgaussian1(0.556, 0.677);
  rgaussian2(0.799,0.808)
}'
0 0
-0.196896 0.195777
$ 
$

tyler_durden

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with aio_write() function

Hello, How to execute a call back function after aio_write() or aio_read() in Sun Solaris 5.7? I have filled the control block struct aiocb as follows: aio_sigevent.sigev_signo = SIGEV aio_sigevent.sigev_notify = SIGEV_THREAD Then I have filled the call back function in ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in awk int() function

awk -vwgt=$vWeight -vfac=$vFactor ' BEGIN { printf("wgt:" wgt "\n"); printf("factor:" fac "\n"); total = sprintf("%.0f", wgt * fac); total2 = sprintf("%.0f", int(wgt * fac)); printf("total:" total "\n"); printf("total2:" total2 "\n"); } ' if vWeight=326.4 vFactor=100 the result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qa.bingo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk , function call problem

#!/bin/bash awk ' function ad(t,r){ return (t+r); } BEGIN{ print ad(5,3); } { print ad(5,3); } ' Doesn't print anything for the last print ad(5,3); (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

splice function problem

Hi All, I am using splice function in for loop to delete particular element from array with one condition. my $cnt=0; foreach my $elem (@result) { if (condition){ splice(@result, $cnt, 1);} else{ $cnt++;} } Now when in array, two elements comes sequentially with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AWK sub function curious problem under bash

I need to detect the number of pages in a print job when it is available so I can warn users when they try to print a report much larger than they expected. Sometimes they are trying to print 1000 page reports when they thought they were getting a 10 page report. Under linux I am scanning the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max Rebo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Problem in recursive function

Hi, I have a file like this SPF_HC00001|iCalcular_Monto_Minimo|--->|SPF_HC00028|pstcObtener_Monto_Minimo SPF_HC00004|iCalcular_Incrementos|--->|SPF_HC00032|pstcObtener_Num_Incrementos SPF_HC00005|iCalcular_Articulo_167_Reformado|--->|SPF_HC00031|pstcObtener_Por_CB_Inc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcoder24
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explanation on problem "match" function awk

Hello Unix experts, If I could get any explanations on why the code below doesn't work it would be great ! My input looks like that ("|" delimited): Saaaaabbbbbccccc|ok Sdddddfffffggggg|ok The goal is, if $2 is "ok", to remove everything before the pattern given in the match function... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function problem

hey guys, im trying to learn bourne shell atm and I'm having some issues with functions. so heres my code: #!/bin/bash ##functions memory () { free -m } space () { df -h } ip () { (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hawkfro12
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on awk for printing the function name inside each function

Hi, I am having script which contains many functions. Need to print each function name at the starting of the function. Like below, functionname() { echo "functionname" commands.... } I've tried like below, func=`grep "()" scriptname | cut -d "(" -f1` for i in $func do nawk -v... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
rand(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						  rand(3C)

NAME
rand, srand, rand_r - simple random-number generator SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int rand(void); void srand(unsigned int seed); int rand_r(unsigned int *seed); DESCRIPTION
The rand() function uses a multiplicative congruential random-number generator with period 2**32 that returns successive pseudo-random num- bers in the range of 0 to RAND_MAX (defined in <stdlib.h>). The srand() function uses the argument seed as a seed for a new sequence of pseudo-random numbers to be returned by subsequent calls to rand(). If srand() is then called with the same seed value, the sequence of pseudo-random numbers will be repeated. If rand() is called before any calls to srand() have been made, the same sequence will be generated as when srand() is first called with a seed value of 1. The rand_r() function has the same functionality as rand() except that a pointer to a seed seed must be supplied by the caller. If rand_r() is called with the same initial value for the object pointed to by seed and that object is not modified between successive calls to rand_r(), the same sequence as that produced by calls to rand() will be generated. The rand() and srand() functions provide per-process pseudo-random streams shared by all threads. The same effect can be achieved if all threads call rand_r() with a pointer to the same seed object. The rand_r() function allows a thread to generate a private pseudo-random stream by having the seed object be private to the thread. USAGE
The spectral properties of rand() are limited. The drand48(3C) function provides a better, more elaborate random-number generator. When compiling multithreaded applications, the _REENTRANT flag must be defined on the compile line. This flag should be used only in mul- tithreaded applications. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
drand48(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 19 May 2004 rand(3C)