Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Locking Down Finder Command Preferences Post 302450743 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Friday 3rd of September 2010 04:14:32 PM
Old 09-03-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by unimachead
...but the complexity lies in deploying it under Aquaconnect's ability to allow deployment of the settings per user that authenticates within their terminal session.
Presumably, Aquaconnect spawns multiple user sessions via some display functionality, but the actual user session on the server is still identical to a single user logon at the physical server. no?

That is, a new user logging on to the server via Aquaconnect, still automagically gets a "default" home folder on that server, created in /Users/

If that is the case, then any admin user can modify the /System/Library/User\ Template/<language>.proj/Library/Preferences/ directory. That takes care of any new user accounts that are created on the server for remote sessions.
Then you can copy the MCX file to existing user's home folders on the server and change privs for that preference file as needed via a script 'er something?

As I recall, Aquaconnect was positioned as the Mac equivalent to RDC on the PC. If that is the case, then user sessions are spawned on the server

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash shell: Creating Preferences

In OS X I'm currently writing a bash script that requires writing to preference file. I may eventually want to share it with users on other Unix-like OSs and would like to accommodate for that possibility ahead of time. Most OS X applications save preferences in xml-format plist files. These... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: airsmurf
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in? The command find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish yields zero hits. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Scripting sound preferences?

I'm finding myself changing sound preferences (specifically, output) frequently, and I'd like to write a shell script to do this for me. Does anyone know what command(s) to use? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
5 Replies

4. Programming

Table Locking in Insert Command.

Hi, i have a java based tool which does insert operation in a TABLE, and in parallel the same table is used by my C++ code which does select Query. the Table will be always busy, but sometimes the table is getting locked when i try to make an insert, am bit confused whether the lock is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Insert Command Creating Table Locking Problem

Hi, i have a java based tool which does insert operation in a TABLE, and in parallel the same table is used by my C++ code which does select Query. the Table will be always busy, but sometimes the table is getting locked when i try to make an insert, am bit confused whether the lock is... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
9 Replies
rt-clean-sessions(8)					     Request Tracker Reference					      rt-clean-sessions(8)

NAME
rt-clean-sessions - clean old and duplicate RT sessions SYNOPSIS
rt-clean-sessions [--debug] [--older <NUM>[H|D|M|Y]] rt-clean-sessions rt-clean-sessions --debug rt-clean-sessions --older 10D rt-clean-sessions --debug --older 1M rt-clean-sessions --older 10D --skip-user DESCRIPTION
Script cleans RT sessions from DB or dir with sessions data. Leaves in DB only one session per RT user and sessions that aren't older than specified(see options). Script is safe because data in the sessions is temporary and can be deleted. OPTIONS
older Date interval in the "<NUM>[<unit>]" format. Default unit is D(ays), H(our), M(onth) and Y(ear) are also supported. For example: "rt-clean-sessions --older 1M" would delete all sessions that are older than 1 month. skip-user By default only one session per user left in the DB, so users that have sessions on multiple computers or in different browsers will be logged out. Use this option to avoid this. debug Turn on debug output. NOTES
Functionality similar to this is implemented in html/Elements/SetupSessionCookie ; however, that does not guarantee that a session will be removed from disk and database soon after the timeout expires. This script, if run from a cron job, will ensure that the timed out sessions are actually removed from disk; the Mason component just ensures that the old sessions are not reusable before the cron job gets to them. perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-clean-sessions(8)