Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and replace string from file which contains variable and path - SH Post 302450613 by zaxxon on Friday 3rd of September 2010 08:05:17 AM
Old 09-03-2010
Please post clearly what input you have and what output you expect, while using code tags. Recommending the people that should help you to play around with # and sed is maybe not very helpful. Did you trying to play with them so far?

Last edited by zaxxon; 09-03-2010 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in a file w/ a variable value

I am trying to replace the default home page for several mac user accounts, I wrote a script that will hunt the files down and replace them with a pre-configured set. The problem I am having is that the download destination path for the browser is hard coded into a .plist (text config file) file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Replace A String In File With A String Containing Windows File Path

Hi, I have a file with the following contents # Lines that start with a # are comments. # # Calling TOAD like this will perform a comparison from command line : # # "C:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle 9.6\toad.exe" -c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Find, replace, file path in multiple files for Solaris 10

Guys I have a big issue that I need to get fixed ASAP however I can not seem to find a way to do it. We started to use zones with Solaris 10 at work and we moved a zone from a SIT box to a DEV box. Problem is the software we have installed is looking at a /lcl/sit/apps/ path and it needs to look... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in file with a variable value

Hi Fellows, I am new to shell, please help we me out in this.. i have file which some lines like this.. $$param1='12-jan-2011' $$param2='14-jan-2011' $$param3='30-jan-2011' . . .....so on.. I want to change $$param3 to '31-dec-2011'. i have variable which is storing(30-jan-2011 this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victor369
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a variable in a file and replace its value

HI , I can't find a solution to the following: In a simple menu script I want to capture the input from the user with "read" and use it as a value in a variable Rempages="some_value" which is in a different script file. So I have to perform a search and replace for this variable and only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svetoslav_sj
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find string and replace with string in other file

Dear all, I need your help, I have file like this: file1:23456 01910964830098775635 34567 01942809546554654323 67589 26546854368698023653 09778 58716868568576876878 08675 86178546154065406546 08573 54165843543054354305 . .file2: 23456 25 34567 26 67589 27 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace a string with a variable in a file using sed?

I have a file having some text like: PATH_ABC=/user/myLocation I have to replace "/user/myLocation" with a session variable say, $REPLACE_PATH, where $REPLACE_PATH=/user/myReplaceLocation The following sed command is not working. It is writing PATH_ABC=$REPLACE_PATH in the file ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SKhan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file and set path in variable?

Hi Folks - I was wondering if you could help convert batch code in Linux? For instance, I use the following piece of code in DOS to find a file/executable, and then the FULL path as a variable. ::-- If startMaxl.exe exists, set full path --:: for %%D in (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
4 Replies
AMGETCONF(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      AMGETCONF(8)

NAME
amgetconf - look up amanda.conf variables SYNOPSIS
amgetconf [ config ] parameter DESCRIPTION
Amgetconf looks up parameters in amanda.conf, the Amanda configuration file, or from the build and runtime environment, and returns their corresponding value. If config is not specified, amgetconf assumes it is being run from the configuration directory and that amanda.conf is present. If parameter begins with build., the (case insensitive) string following the period is a build environment variable. Variables without a value (e.g. XFSDUMP on a system that does not support that type of file system) will not report an error and will return an empty string as the value. Flag variables (e.g. USE_AMANDAHOSTS) will return 1 if the flag is set or an empty string if it is not. If parameter begins with dbopen., the string following the period is a program name and an Amanda debug file will be created for the call- er. The name of the file is returned. If parameter begins with dbclose., the string following the period is a program name previously used with dbopen., followed by a colon (:) and the previously opened file name. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. EXAMPLE
Find out the path to the log file directory: % amgetconf DailySet1 logdir /etc/amanda/DailySet1 Find out the current tape type: % amgetconf DailySet1 tapetype DLT4000-IV Find out the default configuration directory: % amgetconf DailySet1 build.CONFIG_DIR /etc/amanda Create, use and close a debug file in a script: % set debug_file = `amgetconf DailySet1 dbopen.myscript` % echo debug information >> $debug_file % amgetconf DailySet1 dbclose.myscript:$debug_file MESSAGES
amgetconf: no such parameter "param" Parameter param is not a known keyword (e.g. not a valid amanda.conf keyword). In this case, amgetconf will write "BUGGY" to stdout as the value. SEE ALSO
amanda(8) AMGETCONF(8)