Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting take all characters from end to start till a fullstop Post 302450399 by hakermania on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 01:02:54 PM
Old 09-02-2010
Tools take all characters from end to start till a fullstop

e.g. "hello.all" to be transformed to "all" Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find term and extract till end of data

Hi All, I have an awk code below. How can i edit it such that once it finds the term "start" , it will extract all the rest of data thereafter ? awk '/start/, /stop/' file (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subsitute from a position till end of line.

Hi, Having a following file's content, lets say: ABC|ANA|LDJ|||||DKD|||||| AJJ|KKDD||KKDK|||||||||||| KKD||KD|||LLLD||||LLD||||| Problem: Need to replace pipes from 8th occurrence of pipe till end. so the result should be: ABC|ANA|LDJ|||||DKD AJJ|KKDD||KKDK|||| ------- ------- ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: _Noprofi
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove few characters from each line till a pattern is matched

Hi All, I want to remove first few characthers from starting of the line till ',' Comma... which needs to be done for all the lines in the file Eg: File content 1,"1234",emp1,1234 2,"2345",emp2,2345 Expected output is ,"1234",emp1,1234 ,"2345",emp2,2345 How can parse... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranlalka
4 Replies

4. AIX

NFS won't work till I start HACMP

Hi, My NFS does not work till I start HACMP. The NFS service is indeed started when server starts. But it is not in active state, when I use lssrc to check NFS services' status I find they are all in inoperative status. But after I start HACMP (smitty clstart), all NFS services become active... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep from a starting line till the end of the file

Hi Folks, I got to know from this forums on how to grep from a particular line say line 6 awk 'NR==6 {print;exit}' But how do i grep from line 6 till the end of the file or command output. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Zer0
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line starting from space till end.

Hi, I have a code tag, from which i have the below snippet: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=ODBC> intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=SYBASE> I want the output like: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB intelrpt.GetCMB_FB That is remove the lines starting from WHITESPACE till end. Please help. I am new to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut line from file till the end

Hi I have a 57 line text file and I want to cut first 6 line assigned it to a veriable and again cut next 6 line assigned to same variable till the time file have left 0 line. Please let me know how I can do in scripting. Thanks Sanjay (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay2121
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print characters till the next space when the pattern is found

i have a file which contains alphanumeric data in every line. what i need is the data after certain pattern. the data after the pattern is not of fixed length so i need the data till the space after the pattern. Input file: bfdkasfbdfg khffkf lkdhfhdf pattern (datarequired data not required)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern match till the end of the file.

I have a file which is like this ……………………………………….. ………………………………… ………………………………… …………………………………… ……………………………………. ……………………………… <<<from_here>>> ……………………………… ………………………………. I want a script which would fetch the data starting from <<<from_here>>> in the file till the end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halfafringe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines between the start string and end string including start and end string Python

Hi, I am trying to remove lines once a string is found till another string is found including the start string and end string. I want to basically grab all the lines starting with color (closing bracket). PS: The line after the closing bracket for color could be anything (currently 'more').... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dabheeruz
1 Replies
MEMORY_PRESSURE(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					MEMORY_PRESSURE(1)

NAME
memory_pressure -- Tool to apply real or simulate memory pressure on the system. SYNOPSIS
memory_pressure [-l level] | [-p percent_free] | [-S -l level] OPTIONS
-l <level> Apply real or simulate memory pressure (if specified alongside simulate argument) on the system till low memory notifications cor- responding to <level> are generated. Supported values are "warn" and "critical". -p <percent_free> Allocate memory till the available memory in the system is <percent_free> of total memory. If the percentage of available memory to total memory on the system drops, the tool will free memory till either the desired percentage is achieved or it runs out of memory to free. -S Simulate memory pressure on the system by placing it artificially for <sleep_seconds> duration at the "warn" or "critical" level. -s <sleep_seconds> Duration to wait before allocating or freeing memory if applying real pressure. In case of simulating memory pressure, this is the duration the system will be maintained at an artifical memory level. DESCRIPTION
A tool to apply real or simulate memory pressure on the system SEE ALSO
vm_stat(1) Mac OS X Mar 7, 2013 Mac OS X