Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers issue with multiple logical operators Post 302450159 by frank_rizzo on Wednesday 1st of September 2010 09:42:11 PM
Old 09-01-2010
remove the outer brackets.

Code:
if [[ "$ida" == "_W_" || "$ida" == "_SA" ]] && [[ "$chk_dy" == "Sun" || "$chk_dy" == "Sat" ]]; then
   echo "id is $ida and chk_dy is $chk_dy"
fi

This User Gave Thanks to frank_rizzo For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple Logical statement

hi I have following if condition line_by_line="0000000000000tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" if then echo "Exclusion criteria" else echo "Not exclusion criteria" fi above condition works perfectley but if i add one more logical condition... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahabunta
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Logical Operator Issues ...

Hi folks I have a snippet of code Which is like this If ( ( A || B || C ) && D ) then Do some thing.... elif exit fi How to rephrase this and use it so I dont get any Errors ... Looking out for helpful replies .. Thanks & Regards Srikanth GR (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthgr1
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Process issue

Hello all, First of all, I want to thank the forum for being so helpful to me in many occasions. I have searched through the forums and the internet. I couldnt find a perfect solution for my issue. Here is what Im trying to do.. Im verifying a bunch of jobs whether they are completed or not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jntgopal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do logical AND and logical OR with grep

Hi can someone please help me on this. I need to perform this code: Grep any lines that meets the following criteria (A AND B) OR (A AND C) I tried this code, but it didn't work Grep-I "A &&B" | "A&&C" *.* $ thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can you use logical operators in a case statement (bash)?

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. I'm working on a log monitoring script and every 10 lines I want to display a summary of events. The thing is, there are a lot of possible events, that likely won't have happened, so I only want... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Precedence in operators issue

Hello, I am trying to write a small acript to change directory to $HOME depending on the user logged in. However when i provide this command say, ABC_USER=myself cd ~${ABC_USER} i am getting the following error, ksh: ~myself: not found I know i am doing something really silly but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindspr06
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Multiple Pattern Matching Operators

I figured this would be simple, but I am stuck. Variable longpath="/dir1/dir2/dir3/filename.stuff.morestuff.garbage" I want to end up with just "filename.extra.moreextra". So, I want to get rid of the path and .garbage I want to do this with just ksh internals. So, no sed,grep,awk,expr,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Topaz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use logical operators in multiple if statement

Hi I want to send a status mail if daily or weekly or monthly batch completed or aborted. Here is the code. if && && || Else if && && || Else if && && || then mailx –s “Status Report” sumone@sumthing.com else print ”try again” Plz suggest the changes. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Implementing operators on multiple fields

Hallo Friends, Have a look at my script: awk -F',' '$14==9100' *_201304*.csv|wc -l > pax1; awk -F',' '$14==9101' *_201304*.csv|wc -l >>pax1; awk -F',' '$14==9102' *_201304*.csv|wc -l >>pax1; awk -F',' '$14==9103' *_201304*.csv|wc -l >>pax1 I would like to include field 42. like below ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Issue with search and replacing multiple items in multiple files

Im having an issue when trying to replace the first column with a new set of values in multiple files. The results from the following code only replaces the files with the last set of values in val.txt. I want to replace all the files with all the values. for date in {1..31} do for val in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)