Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IPC-using fork() in a loop
Top Forums Programming IPC-using fork() in a loop Post 302450029 by dawwin on Wednesday 1st of September 2010 10:13:22 AM
Old 09-01-2010
After add
Code:
exit(0);

after
Code:
printf("I am CHILD %d\n", count);

It prints this on my computer
Code:
I am CHILD 0
I am CHILD 1
I am CHILD 2
parent exited..

What system you've got?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

fork() and IPC

Hey all. I recently ported a multithreaded program from WinNT to LINUX using pthreads. Everything works fine, except that it turns out the drivers for the hardware I'm working with aren't thread safe. So, now I have to find a way to make this multi-process instead of multi-threaded. I just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TelePlayer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Endless loop - Fork function failed?

I need a quick script that will serve as a sort of "real time monitor" for watching some log files. I am using Bourne shell in HP-UX 10.20. I have basically created a script that never ends, unless of course I manually terminate it. Here's the script (it's called qhistory): clear echo "REAL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
3 Replies

3. Programming

fork() in for loop

hello, Every time i use fork() in the for loop, my college network(which i work in) either gets slow or hangs up.Can any 1 explain why it is so? Of course there is no use of doing it though. But still i want to clear my doubt. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ipc

I have a parent that is passing data to child A and then child A has to process it and pass to child B. I am able to pass the data to child A but am not able to pass it to child B. Child B seems to only be receiving the last data instead of the whole data. I saw one example in a book but it uses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scmay
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ipc Details

hai, i am doing my masters degree in computers.please any one tell me about fork(),semaphores,mutex,messaging queues,messaging using pipes ,and msgget(),msgrecv() funtions in ipc programming . i have exam on that i have a book but in that they not given clearly. hope u will ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.Vishnuvardhan
2 Replies

6. Programming

[C] Problem with IPC

Hi! I'm trying to write this program: in my intentions it should get a message and send it to a second process (pid_upost), then to a third process (pid1, pid2, pid3, depending on the choice made when a new message is inserted). This program should write the message in a file (message1, message2 or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kaminski
1 Replies

7. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inifinite Loop on fork

I am trying to ping through a list of devices in parallel. When the code below is executed, I enter a infinite loop. I want to used the number of lines in the file as my boundry. I am a perl rookie and just cant see whats wrong. would appreciate help ... use Net::Ping; # $filename... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
0 Replies

9. Programming

C Socket Client/Server Fork Loop

Hello people. I'm trying to do something like a search engine. Server runs in the background by using ./server & which has data from a textfile stored in an array. Client then runs by using ./client It will then prompt "Search for:" For example, if I searched for Products called Instant... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylbh
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

IPC settings on HP-UX

Hi Experts, Need your help for checking te interprocess communications settings on HP-UX box. Using ipcs command I am able to view Message queue,semapohores etc, but from that output I m not able to understand how to determine if there is any issue with ipc settings and how to resolve that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)