Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: curl ftp script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting curl ftp script Post 302449871 by Qroid on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 10:39:04 PM
Old 08-31-2010
bump.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cURL Active FTP Download

Hello, I know this is probably a very silly question for most but how to do I force curl to do active FTP downloads? Thank you Dallas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasbr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with curl using ssl to ftp file

Currently I am trying to download a file from a secure site that I do not control. I need to use a pem cert to get past their firewall. Currently I am trying to use curl to get the file and return it using the following information pemcert.txt containing the cert, username, password, domain,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using curl in a script

Hello everyone I'm currently using a script to upload files (different file names, but same date) to an ftp server (see below) #!/bin/sh # Set the variables HOST=<host> USER=<user> PASSWD=<password> ftp -i -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT user ${USER} ${PASSWD} mput... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using cURL

Hi I am trying to fetch a file from a remote location and download it into a local directory ...i was previously doing it quite simply using ftp but now i need to do the same using the cURL tool ...Here i am not getting an option to specify a directory name i am trying the following but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamshedj
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp upload success but no file exist on the server !!!!

hello, I'm trying to upload a file to this ftp server and others ftp://ftp.byethost12.com as you can see in the output of CURL using the -v option curl reports that the upload succeeded but when i connected to the server with file-zilla there is no file uploaded the same command upload files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laraaj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CURL for FTP

Hello, I am using curl command to interact with the FTP server. I have gathered some information around downloading / uploading of files using curl command. However, I couldn't find any information around 1) Listing all the files on FTP server in any given folder having a specific extn. (... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitshete
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CURL in a script

Hi all so I'm new to scripting but I am making a script that is a url shortener. It will take a url off the command line and spit back the shortened version using bit.ly's api this is what I have so far if then echo "You must supply a URL." exit 1 fi read url... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: subway69
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp ssl download files

Hello all, I have been struggling with this issue on and off for a couple of weeks now and I just got it all working, so I wanted to share my findings in case some other poor soul needs to know how. First some background on what I'm doing. I am uploading files to different directories based on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjkadams
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download files matching pattern from FTP using CURL or WGET?

Hi, For an order I requested, the provider has uploaded a tar file in public FTP site which internally has tons of files (compressed) and I need to download files that follows particular pattern which would be few hundreds. Note: The order can't be requested for files that follows the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amalan
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using curl in bash script

Hello. I have pick up a script from internet to track errors from curl command. #!/bin/bash # URL_TO_TEST="http://www.xxxxxx.yyy" MY_VAR=curl_init("$URL_TO_TEST") ; curl_setopt($MY_VAR, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1); curl_setopt($MY_VAR, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($MY_VAR,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
local(n)							    [incr Tcl]								  local(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
local - create an object local to a procedure SYNOPSIS
itcl::local className objName ?arg arg ...? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The local command creates an [incr Tcl] object that is local to the current call frame. When the call frame goes away, the object is auto- matically deleted. This command is useful for creating objects that are local to a procedure. As a side effect, this command creates a variable named "itcl-local-xxx", where xxx is the name of the object that is created. This vari- able detects when the call frame is destroyed and automatically deletes the associated object. EXAMPLE
In the following example, a simple "counter" object is used within the procedure "test". The counter is created as a local object, so it is automatically deleted each time the procedure exits. The puts statements included in the constructor/destructor show the object coming and going as the procedure is called. itcl::class counter { private variable count 0 constructor {} { puts "created: $this" } destructor { puts "deleted: $this" } method bump {{by 1}} { incr count $by } method get {} { return $count } } proc test {val} { local counter x for {set i 0} {$i < $val} {incr i} { x bump } return [x get] } set result [test 5] puts "test: $result" set result [test 10] puts "test: $result" puts "objects: [itcl::find objects *]" KEYWORDS
class, object, procedure itcl local(n)