Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dbx Debugger
Top Forums Programming Dbx Debugger Post 302449685 by jlliagre on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 07:30:16 AM
Old 08-31-2010
Please post you whole dbx session output (enclosed with code tags).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

GDB or DBX??

Which is better?? I have always been a gdb fan.. But ppl say dbx is beter better for debugging the core.. Do all GDB lovers agree to it??? :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. Programming

dbx debugger + argv[argc]

Is it possible to use the dbx debugger with the CL options for the executable ? Say you have created a executable called myfunc which can take string arguments at run-time. You run it like this ./myfunc Hello World where Hello and World are the string arguments My question is whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
1 Replies

3. Programming

No dbx installed

I have a problem whith dbx: there is no dbx installed!!! Could someone tell me where do i get dbx program and how to install it? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calloc
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need help on dbx commands?

Hi .. I have a core_dump in the server... AIX 5.3 . It was created by on proc executable called "ProcessIse" . from the log report i found the source file name "ProcessIseInterface.C" which created the core file. the core file name is : "core" under /iprs/bin directory. can you help me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
1 Replies

5. Programming

dbx issue

hi i have executable(eg test) of my application that has the following syntax to run test -Ddatabase_name Inputfile Now i want to debug it using dbx so i do dbx test (dbx) stop at /abc/test/test.c:90 stop at /abc/test/test.c:90 ^ syntax error the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
0 Replies

6. AIX

Using dbx on AIX

Hi, We are porting a virtual machine application which emits native PowerPC instructions. The instructions are written to the data segment and are then executed, similar to the JIT / hot spot technology used in the Java VM. The problem is that the AIX debugger (dbx) will not show me stack... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrgiii
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use dbx on AIX?

Hi, I ahd created my executable file from makefile on AIX. Now I want to debug my code using dbx. I typed: dbx help It goes into (dbx) prompt But afte that i do not know what to do to put breakpoints in my program and how to run step by step. Help me out ASAP. Thanks in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with the dbx debugger

hey everyone, i'm having a little problem with my dbx debugger. the problem is that when i try to print a struct it print it as a struct from another type. i even tried casting the struct to its type and it still print it as the other type.. anyone had that problem and solved it? or maybe have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabres207
4 Replies

9. Programming

Alternative debugger to GNU insight debugger

GNU insight debugger is not available now a days and it is required to debug/inspect assembly code as written in the book Assembly Language Programming step by step in Linux so my question is; is there any alternative to insight that I can use instead of insight in which I can get the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies
hatimerun(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     hatimerun(1M)

NAME
hatimerun - run child program under a timeout SYNOPSIS
/usr/cluster/bin/hatimerun -t timeOutSecs [-av] [-e exitcode] prog args /usr/cluster/bin/hatimerun -t timeOutSecs [-v] [-e exitcode] [-k signalname] prog args DESCRIPTION
The hatimerun utility provides a convenient facility for timing out the execution of another child, program. It is useful when programming in scripting languages, such as the Bourne shell. See sh(1). The hatimerun utility runs the program prog with arguments args as a child subprocess under a timeout, and as its own process group. The timeout is specified in seconds, by the -t timeOutSecs option. If the timeout expires, then hatimerun kills the child subprocess's process group with a SIGKILL signal, and then exits with exit code 99. You can run this command in the global zone or in a non-global zone. The command affects only the global or non-global zone in which you issue the command. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Changes the meaning of hatimerun radically: instead of killing the child when the timeout expires, the hatimerun utility sim- ply exits, with exit code 99, leaving the child to run asynchronously. It is illegal to supply both the -a option and the -k option. -e Changes the exit code for the timeout case to some other value than 99. -k Specifies what signal is used to kill the child process group. The possible signal names are the same as those recognized by the kill(1) command. In particular, the signal name should be one of the symbolic names defined in the <signal.h> descrip- tion. The signal name is recognized in a case-independent fashion, without the SIG prefix. It is also legal to supply a numeric argument to the -k option, in which case that signal number is used. It is illegal to supply both the -a option and the -k option. -t Specifies the timeout period, in seconds. -v Verbose output, on stderr. EXIT STATUS
If the timeout occurs, then hatimerun exits with exit code 99 (which can be overridden to some other value using the -e option). If the timeout does not occur but some other error is detected by the hatimerun utility (as opposed to the error being detected by the child program), then hatimerunhatimerun exits with exit code 98. Otherwise, hatimerun exits with the child's exit status. The hatimerun utility catches the signal SIGTERM. It responds to the signal by killing the child as if a timeout had occurred, and then exiting with exit code 98. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
kill(1), sh(1), attributes(5) Sun Cluster 3.2 10 Apr 2006 hatimerun(1M)