Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to gunzip .tgz file in AIX6.1 Post 302449625 by funksen on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 04:42:38 AM
Old 08-31-2010
did you use the binary mode to copy the files over ftp?

use cksum command on both aix machines, if the value is different you screwed it up with ftp

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

*.tgz file on WinXP

Could anyone of y'all gurus tell me of how to open *.tgz files in WinXP....which program should i use to open it...i have tried going online to open it ut all in vain...please help Gerry... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerald_agoi
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file.tgz.1of2 & file.tgz.2of2

Hi all, Need help. Anybody seen this kind of file before? file.tgz.1of2 file.tgz.2of2 how to extract this tgz file? Any help? Tq (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeedwolf
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to grep/read a file inside compressed tgz without extract?

Hi all, I would like to ask whether in Unix shell/perl have any functions or command to allow grep/cat/read a file inside compressed .tgz without extract it? I know we can tar tvf a compressed tgz but this only allow we read the path/filename contained inside the tarball. If we want to read... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayshy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move files to existing .tgz file?

Hi, I have already created the tar files. which consist of some log files and Audit.csv plz see the below code for that ================================================ tar -Pczf ARCH/${arc_date}.tgz $LOG/*.log $REYE/CEP/FiAdapter/Audit.${arc_date}.csv ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create tgz file for all the directories in one time?

Hi, On server there is an one folder . which contains sub folder Eg - TEST folder contains test1, test2, execr ,tt (folder). also includes some text file like abc.txt psp.txt gg.log. here iwant to create tgz file for all the folders and file in one time. I know the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX6.1 Remove file descriptor from specified process

Hi, How to release file description area from specified process. Problem is that process started - open one file ( ~2GB ) - file has been removed - process still shown that file is used by process and can't release space on filesystem. It is not allowable to kill process !!! Regs,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrzysiekPi
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create .tgz file without creating .tar file?

Hi, Could anyone help me in providing command to generate .tgz file without creating .tar file? currently i am using below command for doing the same but if tar file has big size and there is no space in drive then tgz file will not be generated. I want to generate tgz file directly without... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pawan Kumar
4 Replies

8. AIX

How to install .tar.tgz file in AIX 6.1?

Hello, I have openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.tgz file which I have downloaded from https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/download.do?source=aixbp&S_PKG=openssl siteThe website says that the file name is openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.z but when downloaded I get openssl.0.9.8.1103.tar.tgz as the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaugeta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gunzip a file in UNIX

hi All, i have a file called rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz, i have to unzip and then uncompress it. but at first while i am trying to unzip this file, it is giving me following error: -rw-r--r-- 1 bravodba bravodba 7278458 Aug 19 08:26 rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz bash-3.2$ unzip rsync-3.0.9.tar.gz Archive: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
12 Replies

10. Red Hat

Unable to extract .gz file using gunzip

Linux 3.8.13-16.2.1.el6uek.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Nov 7 17:01:44 PST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Hi all, I am unable to extract .gz file using gunzip Used the following command to create the .gz file: nohup tar -cvpf - 11.2.0.4 | gzip -c >... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
3 Replies
SYSINST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SYSINST(8)

NAME
sysinst -- install or upgrade a NetBSD system SYNOPSIS
sysinst [-D] [-f deffile] [-r releasename] DESCRIPTION
sysinst is a menu-based program that may be used to install or upgrade a NetBSD system. It is usually invoked automatically when the system is booted from appropriate installation media. sysinst is usually not present on a NetBSD system that has been fully installed. OPTIONS
-D Switch on debugging. -r releasename Set the releasename if it is different to the one compiled. Currently unused. -f deffile Set a file for definitions other than the defaults. See DEFINITION FILE for its format. DEFINITION FILE
The definition file is used to set several other names and directories to search for. You can specify any of the options in the file. They are stored as: option = value pairs. In this description, REL and MACH are the release and architecture respectively, determined by the image sysinst is used on. option name default value description release REL Release name (also set by -r releasename). machine MACH Machine architecture xfer dir /usr/INSTALL Transfer dir ext dir Extract dir (will usually be set later on) ftp host ftp.NetBSD.org ftp host for fetching files ftp dir pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-REL ftp directory for fetching files ftp prefix /MACH/binary/sets directory to look for sets. Note that this is used for all kinds of fetching (CDs, local FS, ...), not only ftp. ftp user ftp ftp user for connecting ftp pass - ftp password ftp proxy - ftp proxy nfs host - nfs host for fetching via nfs nfs dir /bsd/release nfs directory for fetching files cd dev cd0a name of the CD device for fetching files fd dev /dev/fd0a name of floppy for fetching files local dev - Other device to be mounted for fetching files local fs ffs FS-type for local dev local dir release Directory to look for in the mounted local fs targetroot mount /targetroot Directory to mount target root dir to dist postfix .tgz Suffix of set files to be extracted diskname mydisk disktab(5) diskname to use for target disk SEE ALSO
release(7), afterboot(8), boot(8), diskless(8) <machine>/INSTALL.* files on CD-ROM installation media .../NetBSD-<rel>/<machine>/INSTALL.* files in NetBSD releases or snapshots. HISTORY
A sysinst command appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
September 17, 2011 BSD