Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed in some unix commands Post 302449559 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 02:37:54 AM
Old 08-31-2010
Question 1:

Code:
ls |grep -v "[A|Q].Z$"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix help needed!

I have a few questions about Unix. Can you please help! 1.How do I create an alias that greps the password file for my username and returns my password file entry? Once I get the alias to work I want to be able to let a friend use it .So that he can use the alias to locate his password entry... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JJJ
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Maingrame to UNIX sending UNIX commands

I want to know if there is a way to send unix commands thru FTP from a mainframe to kick off Autosys Jobs. I just need to send a command from the mainframe to UNIX and have UNIX execute that command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skammer
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix help needed !!

friends i wanted to now whehter there exists a book as a solution to the questions posted in exercies of the Design of Unix Operating system by Maurice J Bach !..its really urgent !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darshaan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix manual needed :)

hi guys... am new 2 dis unix world... am in need of a unix manual... cud sum1 pls post sum links 2 download it?>?>? :confused: Danks in advance... ;) ;) ;) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sundar_shankar
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in unix commands

i define a function outside the nawk command which trims the leading and trailing spaces like function TrimSpace(x) { y=gsub(/^+|+$/,"",x) { return x } } and i want to call this function in nawk commad like. nawk '{print TrimSpace($1)}' file Note:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Help needed - trying to run commands in Guest LDoms from Control LDOM

Hi Folks, I am used to writing scripts to get info by running commands at local zones level from their respective global zone by using zlogin <localzone> "command>" while remaining at the global zone level. Can the same be done with Guest LDoms while remaining at the control LDOM level? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
4 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Unix Homework Help needed

1 Petras Pavardenis 1980 5 08 Linas Bajoriunas 1970 10 3 Saulius Matikaitis 1982 2 5 Mindaugas Stulgis 1990 7 6 Rimas Nasickis 1964 10 7 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaidastf
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Commands needed for replacing variable number of spaces with a single , in a txt file

Hi I want to read a text file and replace various number of spaces between each string in to a single "," or any other character .Please let me know the command to do so. My input file is a txt file which is the output of a SQL table extract so it contains so many spaces between each column of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari Prasanth
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help needed - UNIX command

The 'env' command prints out all of the environment variables and their values. Come up with a command that prints a list of environment variables whose names end with either 'NAME', 'DIR' or 'PATH'. What I've tried. $ env | grep '' Although it highlights the part of the variables... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: edujs7
8 Replies