Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with rar
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with rar Post 302449555 by rdcwayx on Tuesday 31st of August 2010 02:22:45 AM
Old 08-31-2010
Not tested.

Code:
find . -name "*.rar" |while read LINE
do
  folder=${LINE%%.*}
  mkdir -p $folder
  mv  $LINE $folder
done

PWD=$(pwd)

ls -l |grep ^d |awk '{print $NF} |while read LINE
do
  cd $LINE
# Put  rar extract command here.
  mv *.DAT $PWD
  rm -rf $LINE
  cd $PWD
done

This User Gave Thanks to rdcwayx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting .rar files

Hi, Can someone throw light on opening a .rar file? thanks, sskb (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to extract a .rar file

Hi ! I have a abc.rar file. I want to extract this file.. pls help. OS Details : SunOS papillon 5.10 Generic_127111-11 sun4us sparc FJSV,GPUZC-M (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i open rar files

Is there a way to open rar files on linux i would really appretiate if u would help :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abu_malek
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to open RAR files?

May be this is a newbie question but i want to know hoe to open the RAR file in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Extract .rar format files in Solaris

Hi All, Is there way to extract the .rar format files in Solaris Thanks, Mani Muthu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_manimuthu
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzip a .rar file

Hi, How to unzip a .rar file in unix. I tried unrar command but it doesnt work. Any help will be appreciated Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
10 Replies

7. Fedora

Problem installing rar and unrar

Good day all, I am trying to install rar and unrar on fedora 16. In terminal root, when I try to do : # cp rar unrar /bin I get the following error message: cp: cannot stat `rar': No such file or directory cp: cannot stat `unrar': No such file or directory can anyone please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: peter_071
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using a rar file on a suse linux

Hi, I have this file in .rar format and need to use it on a suse linux system. I have transfered the file into the system and tried to unpack it using unrar command but i got this l# unrar e Alarm.rar UNRAR 3.51 freeware Copyright (c) 1993-2005 Alexander Roshal ??? - the file header... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mena
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How To Split A File In Two Rar Parts?

I Am connected to Whatbox.ca Seed Box Via SSH!! i have a file named avicii.mp3. I Want to split it into two rar parts as Apart1.rar and Apart2.rar So That When i Download Both the parts to My PC And Extract Them They Come out As Whole Avicii.mp3. There is also one more problem!! When I Rar A... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: anime12345
18 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Rar files

hi unix expert is there any program in linux to compress files or directory with rar (.rar)? i am using centos 7 many thanks samad (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
1 Replies
RMF(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)