Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Can a pax backup in AIX be restored into Linux? Post 302449468 by john1212 on Monday 30th of August 2010 04:38:24 PM
Old 08-30-2010
Hi,
Why you don't use rman with command convert, or data pump export/import?

Last edited by john1212; 08-30-2010 at 05:44 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with Pax command and backups on AIX HP-UX and IRIX

can someone tell me in details what this command does: pax -rpe -f /dev/rmt0 -s:^/home:/temp/test:g The definition given in the source i got this from says that command is used to restore the files from /home to /tmp/test. now, i know there's goto be a deeper explanation than that. can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX backup --> Linux Restore

Hi all, I have a large number of backup tapes which were originally written with the AIX "backup" command. I now need to convert these to "tar" format, but unfortunately I no longer have access to an AIX machine. I have been able to connect the old tape drive (3590) to a Linux box and it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jauru
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help with AIX and backup command

:) Hi my name is Ricardo !!!! I am using backup command in order to backup a server which its running AIX operating system. But I want to backup more than one filesytem in my script, this script send my backup to /dev/rmt0 (tape drive). my trouble is that I donīt know how to tell my script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rickie
1 Replies

4. AIX

Aix backup error

Hi I am receiving the following backup error when using backup -0uf /dev/rmt0.1 for the file system backup: Backing up /dev/rfslv00 (/u04) to /dev/rmt0.1. backup: 0511-251 The file system is still mounted; data may not be consistent. Use the umount command to unmount the filesystem;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

5. AIX

Backup AIX to DVDs

Hello, Is there a way to backup AIX to CD's? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixn00b
1 Replies

6. AIX

backup on aix

Hello everyone I have a 3583 tape library on my Aix servers. (aix 5.3) Im install hypertape software for backup datebase, files, etc. I have a question. on my directory devices I have this rmt crw-rw-rwT 1 root system 42, 1 Jan 18 21:57 rmt1.1 crw-rw-rwT 1 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to delete restored files?

I've just started with AIX interface (PASE) on iSeries system (AS/400). I've restored one bff file more than I need :). Is there any smart method to remove restored files. Maybe a smart script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zukes
3 Replies

8. AIX

Backup with Pax command. How to verify tape?

Dear all experts online, In my environment of AIX 5300-07, I am currently using "pax" command to backup all filesystems that I need to backup and it will take me around 4 hours time with LTO3 tape drive. When I need to verify the tape after backup, I am using "pax" command to list all files in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
2 Replies

9. AIX

backup linux like aix

Hello everyone I need to backup some boxes with redhat enterprise for power. I was looking for software but I need to umount filesystems,etc,etc. I need a software that backup like I do with my aix boxes. mksysb command and thatīs it. Because I need to do online, with no umount fs. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Exclude socket files from PAX backup

I am working to move my production backups to PAX and have just about everything working. However, when generating a verbose log there is a high number of 'errors' logged regarding socket files: pax_enh: /var/opt/dce/rpc/local/s-3/135 : Skipped socket file. Is there a way to tell PAX... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
10 Replies
SYSTEMD-IMPORTD.SERVICE(8)				      systemd-importd.service					SYSTEMD-IMPORTD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-importd.service, systemd-importd - VM and container image import and export service SYNOPSIS
systemd-importd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-importd DESCRIPTION
systemd-importd is a system service that allows importing, exporting and downloading of system images suitable for running as VM or containers. It is a companion service for systemd-machined.service(8), and provides the implementation for machinectl(1)'s pull-raw, pull-tar, import-raw, import-tar, export-raw, and export-tar commands. See the importd D-Bus API Documentation[1] for information about the APIs systemd-importd provides. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machinectl(1), systemd-machined.service(8), systemd-nspawn(1) NOTES
1. importd D-Bus API Documentation https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/importd systemd 237 SYSTEMD-IMPORTD.SERVICE(8)