Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove path string from file (string contains "/") Post 302449401 by hakermania on Monday 30th of August 2010 01:00:54 PM
Old 08-30-2010
Question Remove path string from file (string contains "/")

This is the way
Code:
sed -i 's/home/$USER/.config/hello_there//g' /home/$USER/.gnomerc

But, as far as I saw you cannot add any "/" in the string you want to remove....
So, what should I do in order to remove this path (which contains "/") ?Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search excat string in another string (grep "fails")

hello, i have an statement which i have to correct because it shows the wrong result. i want to search an excat string in another string, command "grep" shows the wrong result: example: STRINGS="string1 string2 string3" search_string="string" incorrect: if then echo "not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bora99
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M";output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6

input string="3MMTQSZ348GGMZRQWMJM4SD6M" output string="3MMTQ-SZ348-GGMZR-QWMJM-4SD6M" using linux shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for string "and" string in a file

Hi, I am trying to look for two different strings in a file using an "AND" operator. For instance... File 1.txt woof meow File 2.txt woof bark I want to do a search in the directory to give me the name of the file that contains both "woof" and "meow" on different lines. So in this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdc25180
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to find text between a "string " and character ","

Hello everyone Sorry I have to add another sed question. I am searching a log file and need only the first 2 occurances of text which comes after (note the space) "string " and before a ",". I have tried sed -n 's/.*string \(*\),.*/\1/p' filewith some, but limited success. This gives out all... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggismn
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh - understanding difference between "echo string" and "echo string > /dev/stdout"

I came across and unexpected behavior with redirections in tcsh. I know, csh is not best for redirections, but I'd like to understand what is happening here. I have following script (called out_to_streams.csh): #!/bin/tcsh -f echo Redirected to STDOUT > /dev/stdout echo Redirected to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcink
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove leading "#" from a String

Hi Everyone, i am new to scripting and stuck in something. Query is : I have a properties file eg. data.properties. This data.properties have some values example : key1=value1 key2=value2 #key3=value3 as key3 is commented by #. so i want to write a script , that will remove # from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj87ng
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all log files older than 10 day and whose first string of the first line is "MSH" or "<?xml"

Dear Ladies & Gents, I have a requirement to delete all the log files in /var/log/test directory that are older than 10 days and their first line begin with "MSH" or "<?xml" or "FHS". I've put together the following BASH script, but it's erroring out: for filename in $(find /var/log/test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
2 Replies
COMBINE_TESSDATA(1)													       COMBINE_TESSDATA(1)

NAME
combine_tessdata - combine/extract/overwrite Tesseract data SYNOPSIS
combine_tessdata [OPTION] FILE... DESCRIPTION
combine_tessdata(1) is the main program to combine/extract/overwrite tessdata components in [lang].traineddata files. To combine all the individual tessdata components (unicharset, DAWGs, classifier templates, ambiguities, language configs) located at, say, /home/$USER/temp/eng.* run: combine_tessdata /home/$USER/temp/eng. The result will be a combined tessdata file /home/$USER/temp/eng.traineddata Specify option -e if you would like to extract individual components from a combined traineddata file. For example, to extract language config file and the unicharset from tessdata/eng.traineddata run: combine_tessdata -e tessdata/eng.traineddata /home/$USER/temp/eng.config /home/$USER/temp/eng.unicharset The desired config file and unicharset will be written to /home/$USER/temp/eng.config /home/$USER/temp/eng.unicharset Specify option -o to overwrite individual components of the given [lang].traineddata file. For example, to overwrite language config and unichar ambiguities files in tessdata/eng.traineddata use: combine_tessdata -o tessdata/eng.traineddata /home/$USER/temp/eng.config /home/$USER/temp/eng.unicharambigs As a result, tessdata/eng.traineddata will contain the new language config and unichar ambigs, plus all the original DAWGs, classifier templates, etc. Note: the file names of the files to extract to and to overwrite from should have the appropriate file suffixes (extensions) indicating their tessdata component type (.unicharset for the unicharset, .unicharambigs for unichar ambigs, etc). See k*FileSuffix variable in ccutil/tessdatamanager.h. Specify option -u to unpack all the components to the specified path: combine_tessdata -u tessdata/eng.traineddata /home/$USER/temp/eng. This will create /home/$USER/temp/eng.* files with individual tessdata components from tessdata/eng.traineddata. OPTIONS
-e .traineddata FILE...: Extracts the specified components from the .traineddata file -o .traineddata FILE...: Overwrites the specified components of the .traineddata file with those provided on the comand line. -u .traineddata PATHPREFIX Unpacks the .traineddata using the provided prefix. CAVEATS
Prefix refers to the full file prefix, including period (.) COMPONENTS
The components in a Tesseract lang.traineddata file as of Tesseract 3.02 are briefly described below; For more information on many of these files, see http://code.google.com/p/tesseract-ocr/wiki/TrainingTesseract3 lang.config (Optional) Language-specific overrides to default config variables. lang.unicharset (Required) The list of symbols that Tesseract recognizes, with properties. See unicharset(5). lang.unicharambigs (Optional) This file contains information on pairs of recognized symbols which are often confused. For example, rn and m. lang.inttemp (Required) Character shape templates for each unichar. Produced by mftraining(1). lang.pffmtable (Required) The number of features expected for each unichar. Produced by mftraining(1) from .tr files. lang.normproto (Required) Character normalization prototypes generated by cntraining(1) from .tr files. lang.punc-dawg (Optional) A dawg made from punctuation patterns found around words. The "word" part is replaced by a single space. lang.word-dawg (Optional) A dawg made from dictionary words from the language. lang.number-dawg (Optional) A dawg made from tokens which originally contained digits. Each digit is replaced by a space character. lang.freq-dawg (Optional) A dawg made from the most frequent words which would have gone into word-dawg. lang.fixed-length-dawgs (Optional) Several dawgs of different fixed lengths -- useful for languages like Chinese. lang.cube-unicharset (Optional) A unicharset for cube, if cube was trained on a different set of symbols. lang.cube-word-dawg (Optional) A word dawg for cube's alternate unicharset. Not needed if Cube was trained with Tesseract's unicharset. lang.shapetable (Optional) When present, a shapetable is an extra layer between the character classifier and the word recognizer that allows the character classifier to return a collection of unichar ids and fonts instead of a single unichar-id and font. lang.bigram-dawg (Optional) A dawg of word bigrams where the words are separated by a space and each digit is replaced by a ?. lang.unambig-dawg (Optional) TODO: Describe. lang.params-training-model (Optional) TODO: Describe. HISTORY
combine_tessdata(1) first appeared in version 3.00 of Tesseract SEE ALSO
tesseract(1), wordlist2dawg(1), cntraining(1), mftraining(1), unicharset(5), unicharambigs(5) COPYING
Copyright (C) 2009, Google Inc. Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 AUTHOR
The Tesseract OCR engine was written by Ray Smith and his research groups at Hewlett Packard (1985-1995) and Google (2006-present). 02/09/2012 COMBINE_TESSDATA(1)