Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: curl ftp script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting curl ftp script Post 302449232 by Qroid on Sunday 29th of August 2010 03:21:54 PM
Old 08-29-2010
curl ftp script

Hello - I'm a novice, so apologies if this is a stupid/answered question.

I'm operating on a mac, and I'm using ftp to transfer files to my computer. The files have atypical names, although I have a list of them, addresses included. Is there a way to automate this using curl?

That is to write a script with curl that does 1. ftp to a password-protected account, 2. read in list of files, 3. get the files. I've spent a few hours reading the curl man page and experimenting, but I'm just as lost as a few hours ago. I'm copying over hundreds of files...

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cURL Active FTP Download

Hello, I know this is probably a very silly question for most but how to do I force curl to do active FTP downloads? Thank you Dallas (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dallasbr
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with curl using ssl to ftp file

Currently I am trying to download a file from a secure site that I do not control. I need to use a pem cert to get past their firewall. Currently I am trying to use curl to get the file and return it using the following information pemcert.txt containing the cert, username, password, domain,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandolf989
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using curl in a script

Hello everyone I'm currently using a script to upload files (different file names, but same date) to an ftp server (see below) #!/bin/sh # Set the variables HOST=<host> USER=<user> PASSWD=<password> ftp -i -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT user ${USER} ${PASSWD} mput... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using cURL

Hi I am trying to fetch a file from a remote location and download it into a local directory ...i was previously doing it quite simply using ftp but now i need to do the same using the cURL tool ...Here i am not getting an option to specify a directory name i am trying the following but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamshedj
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp upload success but no file exist on the server !!!!

hello, I'm trying to upload a file to this ftp server and others ftp://ftp.byethost12.com as you can see in the output of CURL using the -v option curl reports that the upload succeeded but when i connected to the server with file-zilla there is no file uploaded the same command upload files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laraaj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CURL for FTP

Hello, I am using curl command to interact with the FTP server. I have gathered some information around downloading / uploading of files using curl command. However, I couldn't find any information around 1) Listing all the files on FTP server in any given folder having a specific extn. (... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitshete
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CURL in a script

Hi all so I'm new to scripting but I am making a script that is a url shortener. It will take a url off the command line and spit back the shortened version using bit.ly's api this is what I have so far if then echo "You must supply a URL." exit 1 fi read url... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: subway69
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp ssl download files

Hello all, I have been struggling with this issue on and off for a couple of weeks now and I just got it all working, so I wanted to share my findings in case some other poor soul needs to know how. First some background on what I'm doing. I am uploading files to different directories based on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: msjkadams
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to download files matching pattern from FTP using CURL or WGET?

Hi, For an order I requested, the provider has uploaded a tar file in public FTP site which internally has tons of files (compressed) and I need to download files that follows particular pattern which would be few hundreds. Note: The order can't be requested for files that follows the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amalan
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using curl in bash script

Hello. I have pick up a script from internet to track errors from curl command. #!/bin/bash # URL_TO_TEST="http://www.xxxxxx.yyy" MY_VAR=curl_init("$URL_TO_TEST") ; curl_setopt($MY_VAR, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1); curl_setopt($MY_VAR, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); curl_setopt($MY_VAR,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)